Elephant nose eating flakes?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

lesleyx

AC Members
May 20, 2012
Scotland
Real Name
Lesley
Camera Used
Mobile
Hi, I,ve had my elephant nose for 6mths now & he's doing great. Lately he's been joining in with my other fish & eating flake of the surface before he gets his food. He has a cube of frozen food in the morning & 2 cubes of frozen food at night or live bait, when he's finished eating at night his belly is full as you can clearly see lol do you think he's just curious over the flake or is he needing more food? Any help would be appreciated :)

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Don't look a gift horse in the mouth! An Elephantnose that eats flakes is not something to be expected!

lesleyx

AC Members
May 20, 2012
Scotland
Real Name
Lesley
Camera Used
Mobile
As long as its ok & he isnt needing more food ( which I don't think he needs as his belly gets big after feeding especially at night) he's actually the boss of my tank lol. Thank you anyway :)

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
I too have had fish that tend to follow the group and accept flakes after a while. Smart fish :)

vwill279

AC Members
Oct 7, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Real Name
Vanessa
I put a few guppies in my dwarf puffer tank for a few days when rescaping their tank and now one of my puffers has learned from them to eat flakes. This guy wouldnt even eat frozen! Its pretty neat how they can learn from each other.

lesleyx

AC Members
May 20, 2012
Scotland
Real Name
Lesley
Camera Used
Mobile
It's really weird too watch him doing this, he ate all the flakes last night & then waited for me to give him his bloodworm lol :)

Jumko

AC Members
Jun 18, 2004
Jersey
Visit site
Real Name
Patrick
I put a few guppies in my dwarf puffer tank for a few days when rescaping their tank and now one of my puffers has learned from them to eat flakes. This guy wouldnt even eat frozen! Its pretty neat how they can learn from each other.
You just discovered an old trick betta breeders use to ween betta fry off of live foods - raise them with guppy fry.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store