How to catch a blue lobster. Trap advice

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Cheech

Global Moderator
Jan 13, 2000
Montreal, Canada
Although it doesn't eat corals, my blue lobster has been very aggressive and I'm pretty sure he's responsible for the death of a couple of shrimps I added to the tank last week. I've had the lobster for years but its about time I get him outta there.

Any suggestions on a DIY trap you can share?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

metricliman

Senior Member (not)
Dec 6, 2012
New York
Not sure if it works for this but you could take a 2 liter bottle, cut the opening to the size of the lobster, then cut off the part where it starts curving towards the opening. Flip that bit around and put it inside the bottle and put some food in the trap.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
I cant think of any other DIY traps other than the bottle trick that will work with a lobster. I'd be willing to bet that would work if you didn't feed him for a few days. Maybe tie a long strand of fishing line to the bottle watch for it to go in. The clear acrylic fish traps should work too if you can find a loaner.

metricliman

Senior Member (not)
Dec 6, 2012
New York
Go Deadliest Catch on the lobster!

cpetrosky

AC Members
Jan 22, 2011
Mooresville NC
Real Name
Chris Petrosky
lure him out with a feeding stick and stab him with a fork, add butter and sit down to a meal;)

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
I usually just swim down, grab them by the antenna and haul them up. I can't imagine dealing with one in an aquarium.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store