My Clown wont go in my Anemone

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dsumpter

Registered Member
Apr 1, 2004
Huntington Beach, CA
I am stoked I found this Form!!!

I am fairly new to having my own SW tank. I grew up with 125g of fish only SW, and last november I bought myself a 65g tank.

Everything has gone fairly great, parameters are and have been good, I have stayed on top of my water monitoring and changes...

My problem is that I have a Percula Clown, and a Large Bulb anemone. I purchased them at the same time. When I first introduced them to the tank, the clown went right into the anemone and looked like he was making it his home. Since then he never goes near it.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Some other info about my tank...

I have live sand, a lot of live rock, my large bulb anemone, a small bulb anemone, some snails, a black and white butterfly fish, a yellow tang, a damsel, a brittle star, and a cleaner shrimp. I have a wet/dry filtration system, protien skimmer, UV light, and moderate/high reef type light. ( my goal is to go more reef as time goes on)

Any help would be great! Thanks!

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
Sounds normal to be honest with you lots of tank raised clowns don't even know what an anemone is . The initial reaction may have been just a fear responce and it was just a good place to hide and not a home. Make sure your anemonies have enough light to make it. Anyway everything sounds great and welcome to a.c.!
chris

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store