White spot / Ick on My Tetras. How to use the medicine ?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Boq

AC Members
Apr 9, 2013
Malaysia
Hello ,
It was since 3 days ago my tetras got ick and i just bought the medicine they said to just put a little and don't make it be really yellownish.. btw do i really had to move all the thing inside ? like gravel , plants and toys.. ?

tdiggs

AC Members
Feb 3, 2013
What medicine do you have? What kind of tetras are they? Don't do anything before we figure that out.

Sent from my Nexus One using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Boq

AC Members
Apr 9, 2013
Malaysia
What medicine do you have? What kind of tetras are they? Don't do anything before we figure that out.

Sent from my Nexus One using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
there's 3 Neon Tetra got ick. In the aquarium there's 7 Lemon Tetra , 7 Neon Tetra ( Including the 3 sick Neon Tetra ) , 1 Platty , 5 Bronze Corries.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
errmmm..what medicine do you have?

tdiggs

AC Members
Feb 3, 2013
Tetra's, especially neons and cardinals, are very very sensitive to any medications. If they have Ich you need to separate them into a quarantine tank (a simple 10 gallon will do) and increase the temperature to at least 80 degrees and use non-iodized salt. Look up the "Ich Salt Method". You will likely loose your tetras if you use medications.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
IMO---High temp and salt works better then any med.

Boq

AC Members
Apr 9, 2013
Malaysia
Tetra's, especially neons and cardinals, are very very sensitive to any medications. If they have Ich you need to separate them into a quarantine tank (a simple 10 gallon will do) and increase the temperature to at least 80 degrees and use non-iodized salt. Look up the "Ich Salt Method". You will likely loose your tetras if you use medications.
Well , quarantine tank might not work .. the ick might be already spread all over the default fish tank they just finding new host.. and then i decide to buy new medicine it's like blue ink and it work as well.. my tetras now is fine it only took 1 week to cure my fish :) i was very happy to see my tetras are swimming around..

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
i decide to buy new medicine it's like blue ink and it work as well.. my tetras now is fine it only took 1 week to cure my fish :) i was very happy to see my tetras are swimming around..
Glad that all is OK. :)

Mamajin

Psychotic Female
Well , quarantine tank might not work .. the ick might be already spread all over the default fish tank they just finding new host.. and then i decide to buy new medicine it's like blue ink and it work as well.. my tetras now is fine it only took 1 week to cure my fish :) i was very happy to see my tetras are swimming around..
For future reference; they would do fine in a quarantine tank. As for ICH in the main tank... after 3 or 4 days of no fish in the main tank the ICH would die. ICH cannot live longer than a few days without a host.

tdiggs

AC Members
Feb 3, 2013
Glad they are okay! I recommend treating them in a quarantine tank because the medicine will stain your silicone, usually.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store