My 29 Gallon iwagumi planted tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sean W.

AC Members
Aug 8, 2013
Whats up guys,

I have a huge write up of everything i have done to this tank on another forum, dont really feel like posting everything, but take a look at my 29 gallon " iwugami " inspired planted tank. Ive had it setup and cycling for about 2 weeks, just added the plants last night, within an hour the dwarf baby tears were starting to pearl, now they are just going crazy, im super excited!

asdasd

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
Sweet man. Its looking great. I cant wait to see that carpet form. I hope everything goes good for you. Any idea of what fish or inverts are going to be yet? If not then take a look at some cherry barbs :)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Sean W.

AC Members
Aug 8, 2013
thanks for the kind words guys! I used 7 pots of Dwarf baby tears... probably a bit much. I ordered 6 from plantedaquariumscentral.com, and she through on in for free.

As far as fish i am thinking

20+/- neon tetra
5 Dwarf Neon rainbows
a few ottos
a few cherry shrimp

huapala

AC Members
Jul 25, 2013
Ke Aupuni Hawaii, Hawaiian Kingdom
Real Name
Huapala
that is actually a perfect amount of HC to carpet a 29 gallon, that is why i asked. It will fill in very nice and will not take as long. nice stock choice too, but i am wondering if the RCS will become food for the fish, i do not know the answer. I have only kept feeder shrimp and they did not fare too well.

Sent from my VS920 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Sean W.

AC Members
Aug 8, 2013
The neon tetra will leave the cherry shrimp alone, do doubt about that, and im like 80% sure the Neon dwarf rainbows will leave the adult shrimp alone, but any babies will be eaten, which i am fine with. i dont want my tank to be taken over with shrimp haha. I am not going to be adding fish for at least a few weeks, i dont want their movement to uproot any of the HC, gotta wait a little while until it all has a good root base, then ill add plants. But i dont think that will take too long, as you can see in this picture, some of the HC bunches are already sending out runners, im very excited!

Im curious tho, i have left the lights and Co2 on 24/7 since i set it up, is there any potential negative effects from this? So far i havent seen any bad sings, no algae or anything like that.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
A great beginning!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store