My 29 Gallon iwagumi planted tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sean W.

AC Members
Aug 8, 2013
thinking about using Regular baby tears as my background plant... thoughts?

huapala

AC Members
Jul 25, 2013
Ke Aupuni Hawaii, Hawaiian Kingdom
Real Name
Huapala
Personally I think it looks great as it sits.

Sent from my SGS4 Active
agreed.
the way that you scaped it looks great as is, all the negative space in the back ground creates a lot of depth and higlights the foreground plants.

Sent from my VS920 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Sean, that's a very nice start, I like the rock layout. Is it time to start trimming the HC? I can't grow it (no co2) but I've read it will shade itself & the older, lower leaves will yellow...

Maybe something with less exuberant growth for your tall background, like crypt. balansae? OK, I'm a low maintenance, lazy grower, lol.

XanAvaloni

AC Members
Nov 13, 2009
ok. Go to the landscaper place (I am jealous; mine is 30 miles away) and hunt through the slate bin until you find an arrow-or spear-point shaped stone about 5 in wide at the bottom and the height of your tank.Then move the heater and filter about....I am guessing 4 inches to the right, about the point of the end of that back stone, i.e. 1/3 of the way from the left side of the tank.

Put the rock in front of the new location of the heater/filter so that the stone hides them. You now have a Golden Rule layout. Add other background plants as seem fitting. This is fixing to be a potential entry to the Amano tank contest whenever they get around to holding it again. :)

lolliemck

AC Members
Jun 22, 2007
Greater Atlanta, Georgia
Real Name
Laura
Would you be willing to share what tank, lighting and CO2 you are using? I am upgrading to a 36 gallon after a boring year with a Fluval Chi- I would love to get started off right!

We have a huge stack of Tennessee Blue Stone in my background right now to use as well! I might be boiling a few pieces here before long ;)

Laura

Sean W.

AC Members
Aug 8, 2013
Thanks for the interested! The first will be its 30 Day mark and i will shoot an update video then. for now, check out some recent pictures!

These were taken about a week ago! Changes are coming soon! im going to change things around a little

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store