My betta tank.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Neatfish

AC Members
May 1, 2012
My Bat Cave somwhere in TX
I'm going to change the water and think I'll pull out all the gravel because it doesn't have plants. What you think about a bare bottom tank with just a little castle pyramid thing? I'm tired of the gravel making the water filthy.

SirMuffin

AC Members
Sep 11, 2011
I have done something similar in my tanks, including a betta tank, and it works fine. I know a lot of breeders use bare bottom tanks to make it easier to clean. You betta shouldn't be on the bottom much anyway and if he is then the bare would probably be better. As long as there is a filter you should be totally fine.

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
pop a small, clean pvc tube in there for the top. My betta sleeps, eats, and lives in his. It has several floaters and a big stick to hold it down that he sleeps on. Love it.

FishFanMan

AC Members
Jun 13, 2013
Naperville, IL
To be honest, that tank looks so sterile without substrate and plants. Is it just one betta? We've kept bettas and shrimps in unfiltered containers with sand and plants with perfectly clear water. I have a 5 gallon betta tank with clear water too. I think the key is to feed sparingly and do weekly WCs.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

FishFanMan

AC Members
Jun 13, 2013
Naperville, IL
I would put a dark background too. And to declutter the tank you don't even need the heater and thermometer in there. I don't have a heater in any of my tanks.

Neatfish

AC Members
May 1, 2012
My Bat Cave somwhere in TX
Yup it's just one betta in that tank. Been thinking of doing some potted plants or something. Maybe even keeping the plants potted and no substrate how it is now.

FishFanMan

AC Members
Jun 13, 2013
Naperville, IL
What was wrong with gravel?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store