My betta tank.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Kannan Fodder

AC Members
Jun 2, 2014
Las Vegas/San Diego
Real Name
Michelle
I recently set up a betta tank. Bought a Fluval Spec, 2 gallon with LED light. I decided on live plants, so got some anubias and dwarf hair grass. Tank has been going for over a month, plants look beautiful, Mr Fish is happy, and have had no problems.

I was planning on adding a couple ghost shrimp, but got talked out of them because the salesperson claimed they would attack the betta. She recommended a nerite snail instead.

Neatfish

AC Members
May 1, 2012
My Bat Cave somwhere in TX
If anything the betta would probably eat the shrimp. I've had some ghost shrimp
With different bettas and only one would hunt them down.

FishFanMan

AC Members
Jun 13, 2013
Naperville, IL
Don't think GS can do much to a betta. Betta will nip at GS but it depends. Just try it.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
My betta eats ghost shrimp, which sadly hide and reproduce all over my semi-planted 40b. He's five-ish and can eat the adults if he hunts them right...which is usually never because he's an idiot. I have found that a pvc tube or two floating at the top works great for keeping a betta in his own little world and away from the rest of your fish/inverts. I hold one at the surface and one down about 2" below the surface with a rigged pvc holding system them. The lower tube is covered on top with knifed and flattened marimo balls for looks. It works very well and the moss looks crazy as a makeshift carpet. My betta only bothers shrimp though is the moral of this story.

:cheers:

Kannan Fodder

AC Members
Jun 2, 2014
Las Vegas/San Diego
Real Name
Michelle
I'd kept them together before with no problems, so was a bit skeptical about the claim. The salesperson acted like she was going to refuse to sell the shrimp, so I didn't press the matter. I'm actually quite happy with the snail.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store