Stage Prop fish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bozco

AC Members
Dec 4, 2003
Canada
Visit site
I have been working the drama festival at our highschool this last week. Because of where spring break was the tech crew had no rehersals and had very little idea about what the shows were about. I happened to be working the lighting booth on the last night and was getting my hockey scroe update from backstage over the headset when the next play came on and to my horror the prop was a goldfish in a bag.

It was based on that seinfeild episode in the parking garage, when they lost their car.

Anyways, I watched in horror as this poor fish was bounced around on stange under those hot bright light, being swung around and sloshed about. The second I had the chance I ran down to the backstage room and asked if they knew what was going to happen to that porr fish.

Festmas the fish is now the 'drama mascott' I was discusted. They are keeping him in a jar that is smaller than most betta hexes and the plan is that he will go home with students on the weekends when they sign him out.

Not only is this poor fish going to live in a tiny bowl with no air or filter, I doubt his water will be replaced properly and he will be sloshed about on a bus twice a week as he is dragged to and from school.

Actors:mad:

Richer

AC Members
Aug 7, 2002
Edmonton, AB
Unfortunately... this is the reality we live in. For some reason, they are people how there who regard beings other than human to be "lower" than we are (and thus expendable).. and there are human beings, who consider certain kinds of other human beings to be "lower" than they are... but thats a different story.

A couple years back, I was in a Chinese New Year festival, one booth was giving away free goldfish, because according to Chinese tradition, goldfish give the keeper good luck. A couple friends of mine got them. After explaning to them the responsibility of keeping those fish, most of them decided to keep them in a little bowl anyways. Tell me... how lucky is a dead goldfish? yeesh =\
Thankfully enough, the booth didn't do the same thing this year.

-Richer

bozco

AC Members
Dec 4, 2003
Canada
Visit site
I have never seen goldfish in carnavals or amusement parks. That might be something you only see in the US. Anyways, I haven't nor heard of festmas the fish since friday, so I think he died quickly.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store