Please Help with Fry

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

MSmith

AC Members
Nov 20, 2003
Texas
Visit site
Hi,

I have three fry (at least) and I need to know what to do with them to keep them alive.

Last week, I moved all the fish in my 20gallon to a new tank. I didn't clean out the tank after I moved the fish. I kept the heater running, but not the filter and I moved several plants into the tank for temporary holding. Today I came back from out of town & found three small fry. I think they're danio fry, but I can't rule out glowlight tetras. They are maybe 3 mm long max and are free swimming. I'm not sure what they've been eating. There are lots of plants in there and a lot of decaying algae. Other than a snail that came in with the plants and some timy white worm-like things, there's nothing else in there.

My questions:

1) Where should I keep them? The choices I have are leave them in the 20 gallon, buy a breeding net for the 20 gallon and put them in it, or move them to a 1.5-2 gallon hex tank (used as a temp betta home a couple of times). They seem to be doing well in the 20 gallon, but I have no idea how I'll feed them in there.

2) What do I feed them?

I appreciate any help you can give me. These are my first fry & I'd love to keep them alive.

Thanks,

Melissa

stunt 101

1 fish, 2 fish, red fish, blue fish
Feb 18, 2004
Northern VA
Visit site
its fine if you leave them in the net or the spare tank its your choice, and just grind up some flake food into a powder and the fry will eat that. there are more expensive fry foods but i have never used any for my guppy fry i just use the powdered flake food.
HTH

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store