what them neons up to now?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Shekoi

Trying to start up again
out of my 13 neon tetras 4 of them are chasing each other really fast around the tank, they look like they are fighting. then one of them will hide in the clown pl*cos cave. and as soon as it comes out the 4 of them start again?

what are they up to?

i throught they could be trying to breed, but reading up heard that it is hard to do in a home aquarium, so not to sure

any ideas??

anybody seen anything the same???

snakeskinner

AC Members
Dec 27, 2003
Oklahoma
www.okcaa.org
never had neons chase eachother. I wonder if the one being chased is weak or something. You seem to be fairly heavily stocked so maybe it's due to being cramped? just a thought, Kyle

bortsamson

Resident Cat herder
Aug 6, 2003
Abbotsford, BC. Canada Eh?
Visit site
Probably mating
Do they seem to "flash" at one another?
perhaps the wrong word
My neons used to mate all the time over my java moss
two of them would pair off and seem to fight, but little itty bitty eggs would be falling, usually snapped up by the cories or the other fishies.
Just monitor it, if it escalates, could be something to it, but its probably going to go away in a day or two.
On a side note, in my G/F's tank, her black skirts mate upwards of once a month. Same kinda behavior, schooling peacefully and then all of a sudden chasing for at least 12 hours.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store