will i ever see my clowns again?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

starmom

AC Members
May 13, 2004
ny state
Visit site
hey
got two percula clowns two fridays ago, they did ok for a few days, then one went missing and then the other (75 gal tank, l00lbs of rock) ive looked pretty good without moving anything.my other inhabitants are a sailfin blennie and a foxface rabbit fish (doing well) I also got a six lined wrasse the same day as the clowns that dies in 1 1/2 days.....so sad............

i gave them a long slow drip acclimation, and put them in a dark tank...i can imagine what killed them.. i checked my chemistry and its fine........what are the chances i might ever see the clowns again? probably dead, will the stars, and other clean up crew eat them?

i recently obtained a galaxea coral could that have stung them?

would appreciate any imput......
thanks
sue

boy i missed this forum.......

starmom

AC Members
May 13, 2004
ny state
Visit site
not a sign......sigh....Im figuring they are dead and eaten at this point....

I figure the hermits, and ghost shrimp among other things got the "bodies" i have looked and looked around the rock, used my turkey baster and blew around the base of rocks to see if the bodies would show up......nothing........

my quarintein tank is now getting ready for future fishies....ive learned a difficult lesson...........

i had it started weeks and weeks ago and had a few freshwater fishies in it that were annoying some of their tank mates....I took them out took out 60% of the water added r/o water and the salt and its been brewing for a few days now...the temp and salinity are right, i have to test the water of "all" my tanks tonite.....................

how long do you figure it will tank for the quarenteen tank to be ready?
there was some base bacteria from the previous fishies and the filter media from them is the same, I figured it would help the process along, i guess the testing will give me the true answer as to when its ready..........thanks for your interest...

truly i missed being able to ask questions here..............

sue

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store