Another great shipment from Aquariumplants.com!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

beviking

Senior Member, Sophomoric Attitude
Feb 16, 2002
Syracuse, NY
Took advantage of the buy 4 get one free stem plants sale. Here's the breakdown...

1 Anubia heterophylla - 4 big leaves, 2 smaller ones, 7" high. My lfs sells Anubias this size for ~$15(U.S.)

5 bnch Asian Ambulia (L. sessiliflora) - full foliage! Some stems had offshoots!

5 bnch R. wallichii - bunches were 14-20 stems! Again, full and beautiful!

5 bnch Glosso - it was a LOT! Took about 3 hrs to plant it. Even after snipping a little off the bottom, the stems were 2+inches. It looked good enough to throw on salad and eat it!!!

5 bnch Stargrass - initially it looked awesome but the bottom 1/3 of most of the stems was mushy. The rest of the plant (top 2/3) looked great! After trimming off the bottoms and planting, they look great, albeit short.

3 Parviflorus swords - Awesome!

When I initially placed my order, somehow I selected the wrong shipping method. I called via phone and got a hold of a live person. They cancelled that order (since it's a different company that bills the c.c.) and I placed another order. I called again to confirm and it was all set. Confirmation e-mail that the order was received and when it was shipped.

Seems the Stargrass was a bit more sensitive to shipping. It was shipped overnight!

Once again, I'd give aquariumplants.com an A+!
I'll post pics once stuff has grown in and I've done some pruning.

pl*co

Feeds low on the food chain
Jul 18, 2004
Michigan
AquariumPlants.com

I'm right with ya. I have received beautiful plants whenever I order from them. They always have great color and are full and/or tall. I have never seen aquarium plants as nice as these in the LFS'. When I opened my first order I was just stunned. Everything was packaged and secure so my first look was just astounding. The sale you are referring to is the best. I ended up with so many plants the first time. I am glad they run it every so often. You just cannot beat the price for the quality you get. :D

beviking

Feb 16, 2002
Syracuse, NY
Yep! I still have two bunches of R.wallichii bunched and sitting in the tank. Trying to decide if I have room or I should take it to my lfs for credit.

The Stargrass has new growth on it now! Woohoo!!

reiverix

Aye
Sep 4, 2004
Columbus, OH
I notice that they are selling eco-complete for $9.99 a bag. That's the cheapest I've saw it so I'll be ordering 6 bags very soon. Might as well order plants while I'm at it. Great site.

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
Thanks for the posting beviking... Looks like a good site!

plantman64

AC Members
Oct 12, 2004
Thomasville Ga.
I also have some very pretty ones.

beviking said:
Took advantage of the buy 4 get one free stem plants sale. Here's the breakdown...

1 Anubia heterophylla - 4 big leaves, 2 smaller ones, 7" high. My lfs sells Anubias this size for ~$15(U.S.)

5 bnch Asian Ambulia (L. sessiliflora) - full foliage! Some stems had offshoots!

5 bnch R. wallichii - bunches were 14-20 stems! Again, full and beautiful!

5 bnch Glosso - it was a LOT! Took about 3 hrs to plant it. Even after snipping a little off the bottom, the stems were 2+inches. It looked good enough to throw on salad and eat it!!!

5 bnch Stargrass - initially it looked awesome but the bottom 1/3 of most of the stems was mushy. The rest of the plant (top 2/3) looked great! After trimming off the bottoms and planting, they look great, albeit short.

3 Parviflorus swords - Awesome!

When I initially placed my order, somehow I selected the wrong shipping method. I called via phone and got a hold of a live person. They cancelled that order (since it's a different company that bills the c.c.) and I placed another order. I called again to confirm and it was all set. Confirmation e-mail that the order was received and when it was shipped.

Seems the Stargrass was a bit more sensitive to shipping. It was shipped overnight!

Once again, I'd give aquariumplants.com an A+!
I'll post pics once stuff has grown in and I've done some pruning.
I also have some very pretty stem plants, along with some beautiful Hornort. I have had a lot of very happy customers, and they keep comeing back for more of them. I have Anacharis, Cabomba, and Hornwort and they look very nice in my ponds and aquariums. My stem plants do tend to float up at times so I stick the ends under some river rocks which are in my 38gal tank. This helps to keep them in place. My Hornwort looks good stuck in the gravel or just floating, :dance. I own a 12ft wood boat, built out of marine plywood with a 5 horse evenrude, I go and get the plants myself out of the springs around my location. I then pick through, wash, and treat the plants and they look very nice. You will not beleive the gators that I see when getting the plants, :eek: Every now and then I run across one of these in the picture, :eek:

snake 2.JPG

Last edited:

plantman64

AC Members
Oct 12, 2004
Thomasville Ga.
Red Cardinals / Aquatic plant for aquariums

beviking said:
Yep! I still have two bunches of R.wallichii bunched and sitting in the tank. Trying to decide if I have room or I should take it to my lfs for credit.

The Stargrass has new growth on it now! Woohoo!!
Do you now much about aquatic Red Cardinals, as far as it being good for aquariums. I have read where it is becomeing a very popular plant for aquariums. I have a lot of these aquatic Red Cardinals in my ponds and bog gardens, they are blooming and they are very pretty. I have put a couple in my aquariums a couple of times but took them out to make some room for other types of plants. if you know something about this please let me know, thanks.

beviking

Feb 16, 2002
Syracuse, NY
Do you mean Lobelia cardinalis?
http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35069

I don't know the specs on it, just that it can grow submersed or emersed and is used for "planted streets" often.

Try a search for "cardinal flower" or "cardinal plant" or... "Lobelia cardinalis".

Lots of great plants out there (in local ponds, lakes, etc...) if you know what you're looking for.

Robert H

Aspiring Guru

Lobelia cardinalis, dwarf or small form. The wild or pond Lobelia is much too big for the aquarium. There are two "dwarf" variations for aquariums. When grown underwater the plants lose all their purple/red coloring and turn light green.

The dwarf form is grown in the USA by Florida Aquatic Nurseries and can reach a height of 8 to 12". This is the common one. A not so common one pictured above is the "small form" variety imported from the Orient. It reaches a maximum height of about 4" and has more round shaped leaves.
I am only one of a handfull of people importing this plant ino the USA, and I have it for $3.79 per bunch.

Here is a detailed article about this plant written by Erik:

http://www.e-aquaria.com/des_lobelia.html

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store