My betta keeps spitting out...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

DrDeath

AC Members
Apr 30, 2002
New York
Visit site
his food.

I have always fed him HIkari Biogold and supplement with blood worms. This has never been a problem until the past couple of days.

He has remained fairly active, doesn't seem to have any disease or stress symptoms. Has been hanging out near the surface in the plants alot.

Ammonia, Nitrates, Nitrites are all zero. I do 20% water changes weekly. Temp 77

2.5g planted tank(real and fake)

Is he on his way out? I have had him over a year.

Any suggestions appreciated!

DrD

friend of oscar

AC Members
Dec 1, 2001
Visit site
One of my males that I have had for over a year now had started a couple monthes back rejecting the small betta bits pellets. I have started feeding it some BettaMin small flakes and he and my other 5 males love it. After awhile like some fish, they just get tired of the smae old thing so they refuse to eat it. Maybe if you try something else out then that will work. Goodluck!

GobyGuy5

AC Members
Nov 28, 2002
Visit site
I've had a similar situation with one of my fish before, I changed foods and that corrected the situation

amy

a.k.a. achu
Dec 1, 1999
Austin, TX
Visit site
You could try not feeding him for a few days or a week. It won't hurt him (in fact it will probably do his system some good) and his appetite might pick up by then.

DrDeath

AC Members
Apr 30, 2002
New York
Visit site
Thanks for all the suggestions. My computer was out of wack for a few days - sorry I haven't been able to check sooner. I did try a new food and he seems to be eating it!

Thanks again!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store