15 gallon brackish settup

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

CCchaos04

AC Members
Jan 20, 2005
ohio
i am thinking about making my 15 gallon brackish. i currently have 5 mollies in it (2 yucatans, 1 sailfin, 1 dalmation, and 1 silver). What else could i put in it maybe a fan dancer goby and a dwarf puffer? If neccesary i can get rid of a couple of the mollies. i really would like a couple different kinds of small gobies and a couple of the mollies and maybe a dwarf puffer.

bigp

Registered Member
Feb 5, 2005
Lusby, MD.
15 gallon brackish setup

how about some mono sebae, scats, archer? maybe your tank might be too small for those. how about buying a larger tank?

Bigp

CCchaos04

AC Members
Jan 20, 2005
ohio
im trying to find a bigger used tank. i dont really have the money to buy a new tank right now and im not really sure if i have the space but if i can find a good deal then im goin to get one.

Oddball~

Brackhead
Nov 18, 2004
Dallas, TX
bigp said:
how about some mono sebae, scats, archer? maybe your tank might be too small for those. how about buying a larger tank?

Bigp
HAHAHA, Sorry, not to bash or flame, but those things grow at LEAST one foot each. That's not even worth considering for a 15 g tank!

Oddball~

Brackhead
Nov 18, 2004
Dallas, TX
Ok, I suggest getting a Bumblebee Goby or two with your mollies.

Dwarf Puffers are out, since they are strictly freshwater, and Knight Gobies maybe out since they are quite large and voracious/messy eaters as they get older. I actually think your tank is fully stocked as is. Take out a molly or two to make some room.

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
Some mollies grow to 3-4", so you tank may already be stocked. Probably could add a few BBGs though. Are you using marine salt?

CCchaos04

AC Members
Jan 20, 2005
ohio
i never planned on getting any of those bigger fish mentioned. I only want a couple gobies. I will use marine salt when i start converting it. my black yucatan mollies are full grown and rather small. the only big one is the sailfin.

Oddball~

Brackhead
Nov 18, 2004
Dallas, TX
take out the sailfin and put 2 BBG gobies. Take out two mollies, fit in 3 BBGs. That's all I would recommend, unless you get rid of all the mollies and have like 7 BBGs

CCchaos04

AC Members
Jan 20, 2005
ohio
that sounds like a good idea. I also want a figure 8 puffer. so maybe like 3 or 4 mollies, 1 or 2 bb gobies, and a figure 8 puffer. would this work?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store