SW Tank while on vacation...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Chunksta1985

AC Members
Feb 24, 2005
I have a 25 gallon tank with live rock, sand, 1 trigger (small and selling him soon), 3 clowns, 2 anenomes, and 1 hermit crab. I'm leaving in a day to go on vacation and will not be back for 10 days. I have my light on a timer and am going to have someone come and feed the fish every fews days while I'm gone. I am worried about algae buildup though and not being able to put in my weekly dose of calcium and iodine. Anyone have any suggestions for what I can do before I leave? Thank you!

plantman1028

AC Members
Dec 3, 2003
sewell,new jersey
myway.com
You can mix your calcium and iodine doses in your top off water.I did that when we went on a 8 day rafting trip and everything was fine when I got back.Do you have any cleaner crew...if not add a couple of snails and a few blue legged hermits,they're always on the move looking for food.

wayne

AC Members
Dec 17, 2002
Stavanger, Norway
Visit site
My advice would be not to worry.

I travel a lot. My wife has simple instructions - feed a little every couple days, and if the water level goes below this line (points to white mark) add tap water till it goes up again.

Don't stress the Ca and I. Your biggest worry will be watthe trigger will do after a couple days with no food

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store