Raising White Cloud Fry???

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

CrohnieBoy

AC Members
Jan 21, 2003
Northern Kentucky
Does anyone have any experience in raising White Cloud fry? I noticed them in the tank yesterday. I put then in one of the mesh boxes that hook to the top of the main tank. That way the have the same wster chemistry and filtration, etc. (And nothing can eat them!) Anyway, any methods or foods, etc that have worked for any of you would be nice to know. Thanks.

Roland

worlds last gunslinger
Are youre white clouds in a community tank or are they in a species tank? If it is just white clouds in your tank you can actually leave the fry in the tank with the adults. I tried it and raised 20 fry to adulthood, without plant cover or hiding places.

White cloud fry are quite hardy, like the adult version, and can be fed for the first week or so on a liquid fry food (buy from your LFS) and then onto newly hatched brine shrimp and powdered flake food.

If you have a separate tank to put them in, you can raise them without the need for heater (white clouds are essentialy coldwater fish that can tolerate warmer water), and dont have to worry about predation. Remember if you choose not to use a heater to acclimitise the fish slowly to their new temp.

Hope this is of help!

CrohnieBoy

AC Members
Jan 21, 2003
Northern Kentucky
Reply: Roland

Roland:

Thanks! Currently, it is a species only tank. I plan on adding some other community fish, but will wait until the fry are big enough to not fit in anyones mouth. ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store