Endler's livebearer

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jbcwilli

AC Members
Nov 29, 2002
London, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
I was advised on this forum a few weeks ago that my 6 gal Eclipse was too small to house dwarf neon rainbows, and I think I have found the ideal alternative - Endlers livebearers. Thes are a small cousin of the guppy, and come from Venezuela.
The males are little jewels!
I have purchased 3 males and am now hunting for females.
Anyone familiar with this species? Have you bred them?

:)

Z Man

AC Members
Apr 21, 2001
Western New York
members.aol.com
Just a note here. I was at my friends wholesale place a few weeks back and he showed me 2 tanks of 60 each Endlers he just received. Not a female to be seen. Those breeders aren't stupid I guess because they are getting real good money for the males!

delmore

AC Members
Dec 2, 2001
New Jersey
www.uaru-forum.com
If you get some females, make sure that you have some floating plants so they can hide. I plan on getting some endlers for a small tank, If I can get the females.

Google Endlers livebearers, and you'll find some breeders that will sell you females. you could go into business!

mt_marcy

AC Members
Nov 28, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Just curious, but where are you all finding Edler's to buy??? I have not seen/found any in the lfs's in Toronto... Thanks,
mt_marcy!

wetmanNY

AC Members
If you're paying for Endler's Livebearer, you're entitled to know exactly which brood line they come from.

The market is poised to be swamped with more-or-less Endler's/Guppy hybrids, about as valuable as brine shrimp without the documented bloodline.

JP457

AC Members
Nov 30, 2002
Visit site
I plan on ordering some from petfish.net when spring comes. $5 / pair or $5 / 5 unsexed fry. I looked for some in shops and only found them once but they were guppy hybrids.

JP457

AC Members
Nov 30, 2002
Visit site
I know. I can see hybrids becoming a huge problem for people who cant tell the difference buying at petshops. I found a few sights that linked to Petfish.net that said he had very good unhybridized stock.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store