neon goby behavior

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kittyhazelton

I eat sushi
Aug 15, 2005
Hartford, VT
elfwood.lysator.liu.se
Ok. can someone help me out with this?
In my tank a while ago I had orrignally purchased two neon gobys, on online, and one from my LFS. Shortly afterwards one of them dissapeared. I assumed it died. Now this week the other one dissapeared. I assumed they were both dead until last night when I was doing a water change.
I don't know if they were just curious as to what was going on, or what, but it apear that both of them have made a cave under one of my pieces of live rock. I think when I was changing the water I stirred up the substrate enough to accidently cave in thier little hide-out, because to my suprise BOTH of them were frantically repairing the entrance to thier little cave.
What are these guys doing? is it normal for them to hide all the time?

tricksterpup

It's SPRING!!! BUNNIE RABBITS
Apr 16, 2001
Minneapolis
tricksterpupstanks.blogspot.com
Real Name
Jim Soos
kittyhazelton said:
Ok. can someone help me out with this?
In my tank a while ago I had orrignally purchased two neon gobys, on online, and one from my LFS. Shortly afterwards one of them dissapeared. I assumed it died. Now this week the other one dissapeared. I assumed they were both dead until last night when I was doing a water change.
I don't know if they were just curious as to what was going on, or what, but it apear that both of them have made a cave under one of my pieces of live rock. I think when I was changing the water I stirred up the substrate enough to accidently cave in thier little hide-out, because to my suprise BOTH of them were frantically repairing the entrance to thier little cave.
What are these guys doing? is it normal for them to hide all the time?
Ah, well the thing with these gobies is that they will either fight or decide to be a couple. Well it looks like you have a pair and that is the territory. They actually might try and mate for you as well.

kittyhazelton

I eat sushi
Aug 15, 2005
Hartford, VT
elfwood.lysator.liu.se
thanks, though if they are successful at breeding all it will bring on is a feeding frenzy in my tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store