i think he is sick

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

slugstheone

AC Members
Dec 8, 2002
Visit site
i have a porcupine puffer that was fine up until about 2 weeks ago.since then he has been at the bottom of the tank and hiding out.he also has a small lump on his back under his skin and is only using on side fin.before he got like this he was the picture of happiness everyone loves him because he had so much character...you know 'a happy little fish'.if anyone has any idea of what could be wrong please let me know.he is not eating and he always got along with the other fish in the tank(tangs,damsels,nigers the usual).he is about 4" long now i've had him since he was about 1 1/2".i dont get it one day he went unhappy please help.
slugs

Speculations, only

About all a person can do is speculate. You probably know that. Something of interest to note is that often you can have a community of fish get along fine and then all of a sudden one day WHAM you've got a fish hidden in submission. It could be because he came down with something, and when this happens a fish is usually vulnerable and the other fish know it. Things go from bad to worse really quick. A quarantine tank might be the best way to go, with a few pieces of live rock in it. Many times a fish can recover fully and go back in the main tank. If not, at least he's not going to die in the main tank. Hope all works out for you, it's always sad to hear about a favorite fish failing. :(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store