Upscales Fish Store - Portland OR

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

shaywood

Registered Member
Nov 29, 2002
Visit site
If you shop for Saltwater in Portland, I DON'T recommend Upscales! They have some of the poorest service I have ever seen. Even worse they don't respond appropriately to complaints. Look below at their response to my complaint letter.

I had complained that their employees don't take time to assist customers shopping in their store. Often times it hard to get their attention. Twice yesterday, I visited their store to purchase saltwater fish. Both times the employees took time to talk to people on the phone, rather than helping customers in the store ready to buy. I've spent hundreds on my tank lately, and only $10.00 at their store. $10.00 too much. Guess they agree!

I sent a complaint letter to management, and this is the best they could do.....

"IT'S YOUR CHOICE AND THANKS FOR THE $10 PURCHASE. SEE YOU SOON. "

superjohnny

AC Members
Dec 18, 2002
Sol
Yea, what is it about the attitude you get at LFS's in Portland? I always get a bunch of attitude when I go to the Wet Spot. Honestly I've started to go to PetSmart because I get getter service there... no kidding. It's sad really.

cdumitru78

Registered Member
Oct 25, 2005
Tried them as well and they were pretty arrogant, although they have a wide range of products and their tanks look pretty good.

showgoer

AC Members
Nov 9, 2005
I live close to the wet spot and I love the place but the people working there bring me down every time I'm in there. There are a few nice people working there so I try to stick with them. The prices are fair for the livestock but everything else is way overpriced. Their selection of fish, especially cichlids is the best I've seen in a long long time. I've seen and purchased fish there that I couldn't dream of finding just a few years ago (I still love watching me Synodontis Angelicus venture out for food). I think the deal is that they deal with so many newbies that they just assume that you don't know a Cardinal Tetra from a Neon Tetra (High Fidelity ring a bell??). Anyhoo, I'm going to keep going there because of all the amazing fish.

Cheers,
Joel

pearllady

AC Members
Dec 3, 2005
Modesto
I have had the same experience with 3 LFS here in Modesto, Ca. The friendliest(knowledgable)?
one is Petsmart although fish selection is minimal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store