Fishycat's Photo Thread!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dundadundun

;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!
Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
v is a gorgeous specimen. tanks are pretty nice. great pics... especially the one of v and his new plant. he's stunning in that pic. i see what you mean about his true beauty not showing up before.

hm=hemianthus micranthemoides... grows pretty well without co2... even better floating.

Ara

Catquarium
Feb 4, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Wow your shots are all gorgeous! Adorable that V tried to hid inder he tiny little plant, cute! He'll love it when it grows bigger! He really is amazing with his veil-like tail.

:)

Nice!

fishycat

needs more wiggle.
Dec 9, 2009
Hawaii
Wow, an update!

It's been awhile! I took a little hiatus in May but couldn't stay away for long...

I was devastated by the loss of my Valentine to dropsy a couple weeks ago. He had some tail fin issues (always did) and despite increased water changes, he didn't make it. One bad side-effect with his type of coloring, I couldn't see his "pineconed" scales, and he didn't get very bloated. I really miss him, he was such a spitfire!

:cry::cry::cry:
Final V.jpg

I have another betta that I picked up in April, a white crowntail named Sephiroth. I posted some pics of him in the Anabantoids forum, but never updated here...

A new Sephy 007.jpg
A new Sephy 001.jpg

Here's the most recent picture, taken this past week.

Sephy 062010.jpg

He hasn't grown much, still about 1.5 inches... but I was being very judicious with his feedings (he was in an unfiltered 1-gallon for a couple months). He's temporarily in a 5g, but will be going to work with me in V's redesigned 2.5g that I just set up today.

Sephy Newtank.jpg

And all the Endler's (boys & girls, ho-boy), my lone clown killi, 8 habrosus & 3 CPD's are in my 10g. A little crowded, but also temporary. I'm moving house this weekend... it should be quite an experience - those CPD's are crazy hard to catch in a planted tank!

I hadn't realized how much my tank has grown, until I looked back at this thread. Here's a recent FTS.

fts 062010.jpg

GAH. I know the pennywort needs trimming... just not sure where to start. Probably major overhaul when the tank is moved.

Thanks so much for visiting! :dance2:

fts 062010.jpg Final V.jpg A new Sephy 001.jpg A new Sephy 007.jpg Sephy 062010.jpg Sephy Newtank.jpg

H2Ogal

Betta Be Good to Me
Mar 16, 2010
Memphis, TN
Real Name
Deborah
I'm so sorry to hear that Valentine is gone. I loved his glam colors and goth lipliner, and the lazy betta nap-attacks. What a sweetheart. RIP, dear V.

Sephiroth is quite the looker, and he's sure to enjoy his comfy new home. The plants look fun. What's that vine thing climbing up the middle?

Good luck with the move to your new home!

fishycat

needs more wiggle.
Dec 9, 2009
Hawaii
I'm so sorry to hear that Valentine is gone. I loved his glam colors and goth lipliner, and the lazy betta nap-attacks. What a sweetheart. RIP, dear V.

Sephiroth is quite the looker, and he's sure to enjoy his comfy new home. The plants look fun. What's that vine thing climbing up the middle?

Good luck with the move to your new home!
Thanks for your kind words, I do really miss him.

Sephy is so different, doesn't even flare at his reflection! The first time I put him in the 10g, he flared and attached an MTS, but now he lives somewhat peacefully with Endler fry (although I had 8 in there and have recently only seen 5...)

The fine-looking plant in his new home is actually cuttings from the lawnmarsh pennywort in the 10g. Maybe I should plant them in a clump so they grow thicker...

fishycat

needs more wiggle.
Dec 9, 2009
Hawaii
Guess what time it is??

Time for an update! :clap:

Sephy's in the 2.5g at work now, and I take pictures of him ALL THE TIME. I feel so guilty when my co-worker catches me at it. :lipssealedsmilie: He's just so pretty, and I really wanted to capture the lovely blue tones his fins have.

This one is blurry, but he's really showing off the finnage!
flying free.jpg

I love this one because his white really shows - one of the best pics I've taken of him.
cold beauty.jpg

Sephy is a weirdo. He's got an eating disorder... he constantly searches the bottom for the tiniest scraps of flake (a tiny sprinkle for the Endler girl & the snails). He contorts his body into funny shapes trying to peer down amongst the gravel & sand... his "spikes" make him look like some alien mollusk, or something.
alien lifeform.jpg

And he hates the betta graphic on Hikari's packaging. "Grr, it's MY food!"
flaring at food.jpg

Okay, moving back to the home tank(s)... I recently got a free 20g, adopted from the lovely LeahK! She's super nice & gave me all kinds of free stuff, plastic bags full of filters! Kind of makes me want more tanks to put them on... :grinyes:

Fish 016.jpg

And this is another rescape, which I've already changed but didn't take pics yet.
Fish 024.jpg

Mr. Red the betta is a big fella. It's been awhile since I've had a veiltail - and I am glad to have one again! Mr. Red's fairly mellow... he's gotten a little more active since I've added neon tetras to the tank, but he seems to prefer watching more than chasing.
Fish 025.jpg

There's shrimp in there, too. Wild-type neocaridina, RCS without the Red. :silly: I haven't looked much into the legalities of shipping in shrimp... but I do know that people have probably dumped RCS into the streams here because that's where a lot of the "feeder shrimp" come from. They're still cute when they're brown. I added some additional shrimp, and I was thrilled to see some almost-reds & blues!
Fish 033.jpg

LeahK had some pretty red ramshorns. The other night, after seeing "Watchmen" again, I witnessed a steamy scene in the 20g!
hallelujah ramshorns.jpg

Can't you hear the music? "hallelujah.... hallelujaaah..." :perv: Okay, maybe it's just in my own twisted mind. But they were adorable! Floating around, oblivious to the outside world, lost in each other's embrace... :naughty:

Aand one last picture of my cat Koko enjoying the 20g. Koko :hearts: :goldfish:!
Koko Hearts Fish.jpg

Whew! Thanks for visiting!! :dance2:

flying free.jpg cold beauty.jpg alien lifeform.jpg flaring at food.jpg hallelujah ramshorns.jpg Koko Hearts Fish.jpg Fish 016.jpg Fish 024.jpg Fish 025.jpg Fish 033.jpg

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
Wow! Great tanks and fishies! Sorry about the loss of V, but sephy is stunning as well. Keep up the good work!

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
Very nice tanks! Love baby V!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store