Fishycat's Photo Thread!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishycat

needs more wiggle.
Dec 9, 2009
Hawaii
Nice pics!
Thanks, Rb!

Great pics and great tanks!

I really love V's translucent blue fins. Beautiful!
Thanks, LeahK! Yep, his blue iridescence really makes him stand out. He's even brighter in person - so hard to get good pics! Sometimes he's positively neon.

Nice tanks!
Cool stuff :)
Thanks for the compliments, everyone!

You have some really nice tanks and fish. "V" is a beautiful color; you don't see that color very often.

I have Celestial Pearl Danios with Endlers as well. :)
Thank you :) Yes, I thought he was white when I bought him - turns out he was just stressed out. I like this "color" better :D

I love my CPD's... wish I could get females to breed them! My Endler girls have been preggo forever - I give up trying to second guess when they will pop. The boys crack me up with their wooing ways.

Should I be suing for royalties on the name?

I like the nanoscape. My tank at work is currently empty and I've been thinking doing a nanoscape with least killi's and cherries or crystal red shrimp. I thinking of some babies tears as a foreground plant but I'm not sure what I should use in back. It's a 3gal hex that is only about 8 inches tall. It's got a pretty large footprint given the size.
LOL, well you're "The" V... he's just V. The lesser of two great beings. :D

What about HM? Can't remember the actual name off hand... it's called Pearlweed. It's pretty - a mini stem plant that really gives great scale. You'll probably have to trim often once it takes off, tho. Check out The Planted Tank forums if you haven't already - tons of ideas! I recommend any of Ugly Genius' tanks, or CL, Craigthor, aw heck - you'll find many I'm sure.

Everything looks great!! (^^^)
Thanks, I'm glad you think so! :)

Last edited:

Juice

KillaOJ
Jan 4, 2009
NorCal
Is V the bubble blowing extraordinaire?? Very pretty & I love your pix =]

fishycat

needs more wiggle.
Dec 9, 2009
Hawaii
I'm glad everyone is enjoying the pics!

Here's some of V that I found super-cute. I had just put the small anubias nana into his tank.

The light is so bright today...
curious01.jpg

I must rest under this lovely canopy...
curious02.jpg

Oh, I think I'll take a nap...
curious03.jpg

Hm, perhaps he's worried about sunburn?
resting.jpg

:hearts:

curious01.jpg curious02.jpg curious03.jpg resting.jpg

fishycat

needs more wiggle.
Dec 9, 2009
Hawaii
Is V the bubble blowing extraordinaire?? Very pretty & I love your pix =]
Hi, Juice! Yep, he's the one! I turned down the flow on his filter all the way... so I'm hoping he'll blow another nest. Perhaps he needs more mirror time to work himself up. :grinyes: Glad you like the pics!

Somervell

AC Members
Feb 8, 2009
PA
Real Name
Anne
Beautiful betta and nice tanks. I think I may have figured out the aggression problem with your betta. I'd be scared too, if I had a giant gargoyle statue that was about 20 times my size staring at me at all hours--LOL.

Great work on tankscaping.

fishycat

needs more wiggle.
Dec 9, 2009
Hawaii
I'm baaaack!

Hi again! Did the digicam download tonight - guess what that means?? :grinyes: More pictures!

Finally, some decent pics of my Endler's (double red chest, I believe)!

04-14-10 dump 038.jpg

04-14-10 dump 006.jpg

FTS - before the boys were moved and I rescaped a tad.

04-14-10 dump 005.jpg

And FTS as it is today:

04-14-10 dump 065.jpg

The water sprite was a impulse buy yesterday, as my favorite lfs had been having trouble getting the plant in - I jumped at the opportunity. It's great for the fry, and I like the brightness it lends to the tank. Too bad my camera wants to make it glow neon!

It looks messy/cluttered... but that's partially because I have fry! At one point I had 8, but nowadays I see 5 or 6.

04-14-10 dump 026.jpg

I also picked up 3 more c. habrosus after discovering them on a different lfs run last weekend (it was supposed to be for dechlor and frozen food only!)... so I'm up to 8! The tank is definitely much more active now. The cories school more up front, which makes me happy. Now if only they'd sit still so I can take pics of them in groups rather than singly.

The three are young... here's the littlest guy - that's an MTS (in the second pic) in front of him that's about 1/2".

04-14-10 dump 028.jpg

04-14-10 dump 029.jpg

I made this vase thingy with some leftovers. The plan was to give it to my parents to woo them into letting me set up a tank at their house... but I really like it! :p:

04-14-10 dump 061.jpg

It never fails to thrill me when the plants pearl - even if it's because you just dumped in new oxygen-rich water.

04-14-10 dump 066.jpg
04-14-10 dump 092.jpg
04-14-10 dump 094.jpg

And one last pic of V with his new Water Sprite plant. I am very happy with how clear this picture came out - especially as V was not my intended target! Enjoy the iridescence!

04-14-10 dump 090.jpg

04-14-10 dump 038.jpg 04-14-10 dump 006.jpg 04-14-10 dump 005.jpg 04-14-10 dump 065.jpg 04-14-10 dump 026.jpg 04-14-10 dump 028.jpg 04-14-10 dump 029.jpg 04-14-10 dump 061.jpg 04-14-10 dump 066.jpg 04-14-10 dump 092.jpg 04-14-10 dump 094.jpg 04-14-10 dump 090.jpg

fishycat

needs more wiggle.
Dec 9, 2009
Hawaii
Very nice!
Thanks! Your pics are so much better :p: but I appreciate the compliment!

Beautiful betta and nice tanks. I think I may have figured out the aggression problem with your betta. I'd be scared too, if I had a giant gargoyle statue that was about 20 times my size staring at me at all hours--LOL.

Great work on tankscaping.
I was hoping the gargoyle would make him feel less omnipotent... :lipssealedsmilie: But perhaps that wasn't the best idea. :headshake2: Anyways, I moved it so he has a better view of the kitchen. Thanks for the compliments!

ayra321

}((((*>
Jul 28, 2009
florida
sooo pretty!

i really like that little vase tank thingy its beautiful.
he was so funny with that anubia,seems you have a betta full of character on your hands!

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store