my new 75 gallon tank set up

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
that looks identical to my new tank!
You didn't buy it from a guy in NC did you? lol

the rocks and dirftwood looks awesome!
what are your stocking plans?

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
Very nice tank setup. I like your use of two large rock structures. I have 13 various mbunas of different temperaments in my 80g tank with basically the same setup you do. Only thing different is I have a small wall separating the two bigger stacks of rocks and that usually keeps the larger, more aggressive ones busy. Are you ordering juveniles? 1:3 or 1:4 m:f ratios with the fish you have would work very well. And they won't be hard to find online or at your LFS for a decent price. I've had no missing eyes, jaws, or nipped fins as of yet. My only problem is that 6 of them have paired and are breeding everywhere and I don't know what to do with the fry :p

CrimsonBlush

Attemping to post rather than lurk
Jun 15, 2008
Twin Cities
crimsonblush.deviantart.com
Real Name
Miah
Nice looking tank! You might have problems with the sand getting stained though.

rockhoe14er

AC Members
Jul 19, 2010
Richmond VA
Real Name
Sean
Yeah i've done my research on the Demasoni and as long as i have a lot of them they won't be too much trouble. If you have a group larger than 12 that's the magic number it really helps spread out the aggression so that no one fish get's too injured. From what i hear the trick about these guys is just having a lot of fish in the tank the more fish the better.

Do you think i should just get more rocks in the tank to make more hiding spots? right now i'm not sure if i want one really large rock structure of to divide the powers so to speak and have two separate piles.

All the fish i'm getting are juvies because that will help reduce the aggression more and they will learn to live together in harmony?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store