my new 75 gallon tank set up

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ishot811

AC Members
Oct 21, 2010
Virginia
Real Name
John
Perfect. Seems so simple. Thanks a lot for taking the time to show this. I personally will probably put either fiber floss or scrubbing pads in my drip tray before my bio-balls, but that's just me.

What's in the small tank next to the sump? Is it plumbed to the sump or stand-alone? Gives me an idea of putting a deep sand bed refugium, a grow out tank or almost anything I can think of plumbed to the sump. I've got an extra overflow box from Gl*******s.com that I could drill for.

Could you give me an idea of how much sand you have in your display? It's time to start putting all this stuff together and I've seen two different amounts as to what I need...and I like the depth of your sand. One tells me 80-100 pounds, the other is saying 200 pounds.

All I need now is a new bulb (6700k T8) and subtrate and I'm off. I will start my own thread once I get my saltwater tank sold so I can reshuffle the tanks I have.

Thanks again, this has been a big help.
John

rockhoe14er

AC Members
Jul 19, 2010
Richmond VA
Real Name
Sean
Perfect. Seems so simple. Thanks a lot for taking the time to show this. I personally will probably put either fiber floss or scrubbing pads in my drip tray before my bio-balls, but that's just me.

What's in the small tank next to the sump? Is it plumbed to the sump or stand-alone? Gives me an idea of putting a deep sand bed refugium, a grow out tank or almost anything I can think of plumbed to the sump. I've got an extra overflow box from Gl*******s.com that I could drill for.

Could you give me an idea of how much sand you have in your display? It's time to start putting all this stuff together and I've seen two different amounts as to what I need...and I like the depth of your sand. One tells me 80-100 pounds, the other is saying 200 pounds.

All I need now is a new bulb (6700k T8) and subtrate and I'm off. I will start my own thread once I get my saltwater tank sold so I can reshuffle the tanks I have.

Thanks again, this has been a big help.
John

that other tank is just a hospital/ qt tank. It's only a 10 gallon tank and it fits perfectly right next to my sump. I only have about 80 lbs of sand. That's enough for me but if i wanted to do a dsb then i would probably go with close to 200 lbs. Also the bulb i have in my tank is a 10,000 k

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store