How To Handle This....

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

pisces70

AC Members
Feb 18, 2012
If anyone is worried about small fish accidentally getting sucked into a Python you can secure some mesh material over the siphon's mouth with a rubberband or two. The spaces in the mesh only needs to be big enough to let the debris through and your tiny fish will be safe. That should work! :)

amyjod2

AC Members
Feb 14, 2008
Hi

I use the AquaVAC by Marina...it might be more than Python, not sure. I love it. Have had one for atleast 4 years and makes water changing and vac very quick. This one also has a cover over the end that allows debri to pass but not fish even if small. Plus at the end of the chamber there is another screen to be double sure.
Good luck

Amy

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
AH, I just had a long post and got that stupid 500 internal server error. In short, I am planning on buying this and getting the hose and fittings to make it fit both of my gravel vacs. If it fails, I only paid like $30 for everything at most. But the reviews say it breaks easy. They probably dont have enough hose and are tugging on it all the time without knowing. (that is my guess anyway). People who have the full system say it is fine.
http://www.petco.com/product/108292...ontrol-Valve.aspx?CoreCat=Accessories_Product

kevinfishboy

AC Members
Feb 7, 2004
rockford
Visit site
i would get a 100foot syphon that hooks up to a sink an try that it works good for me

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
I change the water on my 100g with a 5g bucket...builds some serious muscle. Kidding...mostly.

:cheers:
Strangest thing is, I do use buckets and it does build up muscle. Not enough that I don't want to be lazy and take everyones advice on getting a Python though :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store