Pic of my 20 gal.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Emg

AC Members
Jan 16, 2005
Northeast Connecticut
emgstanks.blogspot.com
This is a 29 gallon tank that I just changed the substrate in...from ugly brown gravel/flourite mix to echo-complete. I can't believe what a difference it's made ! Didn't think I would ever have a tank THIS nice !

Was suffering a serious hair algae issue due to improper lighting/CO2 levels/ferts and just about everything that could go wrong with the exception of feeding and stock levels (I never overfeed, and I had it minimally stocked-2 blue rams, 2 otocinclus and 2 small quarter sized angels)....my first attempt at a planted tank, learning as I go. I have since added 5 prestella tetras to the mix.

Since the change...the water is crystal clear ! and the fish are all shiny and bright, healthy and happy looking.....So are the plants !

I wonder how long this could possibly last ??! seems way too good to be true ! :rolleyes:

Also, I'm learning how to use the new camera I got for Christmas. These pics are a bit dark as I can't seem to find the right shutter speed/apperature setting so the fish don't blur, but I have enough light without using the flash.

Any suggestions or advice in that would be greatly appreciated ! :D It's a Sony DSC-H1 5.1 mp camera

msouth468

Fighting for the little guy
Nov 29, 2005
Iowa
couchpotatodx.proboards66.com
One of my dalmation mollies. I have more fish but I am having problems resizing the size of the picture.

Mar 10, 2005
Columbus, OH
gorgeous nugget, I used to have a dojo but it drove me absolutely nuts along with all my fish so I took it back... do you have a lot of aggresion problems with all of those gourami?

Prez

AC Members
Feb 2, 2005
Haven't had a lot of aggression, one of the Honey's has picked his spot in the tank and has been chasing others off, the Pearls have been quiet with each other. Thank you for the comment on our Goldie =) She was in our 6g Eclipse tank for over a year.

I haven't had problems with the Dojos, yet. They haven't acted up like most people have posted about. The most active they get is when they decide to have fun and swim back and forth in the water current. Maybe when Spring/Summer arrives with rain storms it'll happen?.?.?.?

tomdkat

Da Man
Nov 29, 2005
Emg said:
This is a 29 gallon tank that I just changed the substrate in...from ugly brown gravel/flourite mix to echo-complete. I can't believe what a difference it's made ! Didn't think I would ever have a tank THIS nice !
Wow! It looks beautiful!

Peace...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store