My first planted tank 10g

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jennfier

..o0o..o0o..
Aug 22, 2006
SW Ohio
www.aquariacentral.com
Before:

3 months later:

After some hiccups, most of the plants are growing like crazy now; I trim so often. 3 of them are still not growing much , namely the Mayaca, Dwarf bonsai and Dwarf sag, and I do have a little hair algae so, still trying to figure that out. Of course, I may get a better idea if I test the water... Snails are not reproducing like crazy, maybe because I pick off their eggs whenever I see them. Currently home to some molly and platy fry. I must say, I'm pretty pleased with the result after all the hours I spent poring over how to start a planted tank. Whew ! :dance2:

Next is to move this whole setup into a 20g High and store the 10g for QT. Also starting up a 70g planted w/ pressurized CO2 but still working on getting all the equipment in a row. :dance:

Last edited:

maronov

AC Members
Dec 14, 2006
New York, NY
Awesome! I love the variety and the various colors. And the (moss?) covered driftwood looks great. Very nice job!

boofish2

show me your fish
Aug 5, 2006
Wow!! How nice is that! Great job... did you realize that it would come together so well??

bluerat

im a girl ... not a dude
Oct 7, 2006
hampshire, uk
like it alot, ive just set up my 10g waiting,and waiting for it to cycle

KingOfTheDeep

All Hail The King
Nov 2, 2005
New York City
Real Name
Dan
awesome growth!

5xevy

Member #62,749
Jan 3, 2007
Upstate, NY
What a difference 3 months can make! Great job!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store