Flowerhorn newbie

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

adi51096

AC Members
Apr 10, 2014
He has started to respond me!thanks all for your help!
But he won't eat pellets:( He spills them out.What to do now?

Sent from my ST26i using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

adi51096

AC Members
Apr 10, 2014
He's aggressive but not so responsive.And he's awesome too.I was thinking to add an albino flowerhorn with him,what say?will they fight?I tried adding a parrot with him but they started fighting.can I add? He seems very lonely

adi51096

AC Members
Apr 10, 2014
He is spilling everything out.He comes near to me when I go near the tank and he even shows interest in eating them but he spills everything out.He kills feeder fish but eats them half or doesn't eat them.
What to do now?

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
Dont add anything else. He sounds very agressive and any new fish will get killed. Also, no feeder fish. They carry diseases and can kill your fish. If he doesnt accept pellets/flakes, you can starve it for a few days and then feed. I read that this method works good with picky fish

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

adi51096

AC Members
Apr 10, 2014
Okay :)
Shall I add teramycin 500 in the tank because he is spilling everything out

mdwalt1

AC Members
Jan 11, 2003
Texas Gulf Coast
Visit site
You call yourself a flowerhorn newbie, yet you claim to have kept a 9" specimen for 10 years up to a couple of months ago in a 23 gal tank. You also say you have a 55 gal tank available when your current fish gets to 4-5". You also said you have no space for larger tanks. Something is FISHY in India...

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
You call yourself a flowerhorn newbie, yet you claim to have kept a 9" specimen for 10 years up to a couple of months ago in a 23 gal tank. You also say you have a 55 gal tank available when your current fish gets to 4-5". You also said you have no space for larger tanks. Something is FISHY in India...
To add to this, the OP also has a few threads over on MonsterFishKeepers about the same issue... Id guess that this is a troll thread...

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

adi51096

AC Members
Apr 10, 2014
This is not a troll thread.I kept flowerhorn for 10 years without any serious disease.He got infected once by hexamita.I cured him though.But this is the first time my flowerhorn is getting choosy.I have a 55 gallon tank in my gallery,not in my living room or bedroom ,with a flowerhorn and an oscar.I tried every typebof food.Worms,bed worms,humpy head,chilli super red,common fish food,rosy red minnows,feeder guppies,everything I could try.But he ate feeder kois though and worms too.And the one I kept for 10 years was not choosy at all.He ate everything which went to the tank.She was a female.And I didn't buy him,it was kind of a gift given to us because we took care of our neighbors three flowerhorn fries.As a reward,they gave one to us,and we raised her.That's it.But this one is very very choosy.That's why I thought to ask some help.Me and my dad,both are fish lovers,but not my mom and my two elder sisters.
Talking about the title of the topic,do not pay so much attention to it :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store