who dunn it!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Kannan Fodder

AC Members
Jun 2, 2014
Las Vegas/San Diego
Real Name
Michelle
Not sure what to tell you other than repeat your suggestion of video surveillance. Pretty sure the results might surprise a few people.

I have horsefaced loaches in my 46g bow, and they burrow into the gravel and then move about through the gravel. They've never dislodged the sword roots. Actually, nothing (except me) has moved the larger swords since I planted them. I have a large tinfoil that has pulled up ludwigia, cardinal plant, annubias, dwarf hairgrass, and even torn java ferns off the rocks I tied them to. Said tinfoil has torn pieces off the swords, but has yet to actually uproot them.

In the 25g community, I know it's the cories and khulis digging about that has uprooted the cardinal plant. Their favored digging grounds are where the plants are. I gave up on planting water wisteria, and just keep it tied to suction cups, which I then attach to the glass.

Your culprit could be the syno. Especially if it likes to root around and dig. Food particles might end up settling around the plants, which might cause one of your fish to go excavating.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store