who dunn it!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SnakeIce

AC Members
May 4, 2002
North Ga, USA
Real Name
Frederick
Just curious, what kinds of plants are being uprooted?

Kannan Fodder

AC Members
Jun 2, 2014
Las Vegas/San Diego
Real Name
Michelle
SF, The OP here posted a suggestion of video surveillance in a different thread in regards to catching the culprit for vanishing fish. To be honest, he came up with the idea himself - which isn't that horrible of an idea. People do it all the time to find out what's going on when they aren't home - often with YouTube worthy results. And it's easy enough to do with a cheap digital camera.

3 snails don't seem likely to be digging up plants, as was also suggested - and which OP is pretty adamant is not happening. I'd also blame the cories, as they (and the khuli loaches) are the culprits in my tank. OP wants answers, and surveillance will provide them. Bottom line, it was his own (uniquely inventive) idea to begin with.

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
well my big amazon sword,my agopeton bulbs and a few new plants someone sent me on another forum.

Kannan Fodder

AC Members
Jun 2, 2014
Las Vegas/San Diego
Real Name
Michelle
Something is digging up an amazon sword??? Definitely not your snails! Even my monster tinfoil barb hasn't been able to do that.

How much of a root mass does that sword have? How well established is it? What big fish do you keep in that tank?

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
well i mean something would make the roots come up an inch or so but it hasn't moved since then.i have had it well lets say..a month or less.the only big wfish i have is a 4 inch blue gourami and a 4 inch syno eupterus but all of this happened in the daylight hours well..most of it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store