Arowana not eating!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
lettering such as the silver "jebo" in pics one and three is in the center of the tank...not like the blue jebo out to the right...if that is truly a 20" arro..that tanks footprint is roughly 40"

Frainbreeze127

AC Members
Aug 20, 2014
Cause my silver arrow would eat around like 5-6 sardines or fishes bought from the super market everyday before this happened. But I think hes just adapting to the water that has just been changed into the tank cause I raised it with a tiger oscar at first with like separators cause the oscar kept on attacking the arrow and also the oscar just ate food and then spat the food out which was VERY ANNOYING and I knew there was nothing wrong with the fish but he was making the conditions of the waters worse and more disgusting. So we moved the oscar to another tank and took off the divider and since the gross stuff from the oscars side (like the **** and the food he spat out) washed over to the arrows side, the water mixed together witch then became gross and caused my arrow to have a fungus infection on the eyes of it (but it was still eating with the infection and the disgusting water) and then I told my dad to do a big water change cause of the fungus that was growing on to the eye and we did change 3/4 of the tank water so the infection would wear off (which it did)
We did buy a pelco for both sides of the tank but they were small and the oscar just ate them both only leaving their heads...

Last edited:

Frainbreeze127

AC Members
Aug 20, 2014
lettering such as the silver "jebo" in pics one and three is in the center of the tank...not like the blue jebo out to the right...if that is truly a 20" arro..that tanks footprint is roughly 40"
I just know that my arrow is half the tanks size and I know my arrows size but not the tanks size cause we bought the tank around 5 or 6 years ago

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
its not that hard to find out just type in aquarium calculator or something like that sorry i cant say more trying to do homework.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
I just know that my arrow is half the tanks size and I know my arrows size but not the tanks size cause we bought the tank around 5 or 6 years ago
If it is 20" long and half the tanks size, the resulting footprint of 40" isn't a 100 gal tank..just saying...

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
Here are a some suggestions :welcome: to AC!

1. Bigger tank.
2. Liquid test kit.
3. Regular, monitored water changes without salt.
4. http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=495320 great thread!

It sounds like you'll have problems with that water otherwise, as clearly something is still not right from the oscar episode. A fish like this not eating is usually a bad sign concerning water quality. Good luck and keep us updated!

:cheers:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store