Arowana not eating!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Frainbreeze127

AC Members
Aug 20, 2014
dude, I didnt wanna try goldfish but then like it stopped eating the other food I fed him before, and also my dad goes fishing and so he even fed him like legit fish meat.

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
I may have missed this, but what is the tank size and what are your parameters? What exactly is wrong with its eyes?

sumthin fishy

I eat spam
Aug 22, 2005
central california
Real Name
mike
First off, table salt is perfectly fine to use in a tank, in the right amounts, for the right reasons. Not eating is not one of them I am aware of.

Water quality should be measured to determine if it is an issue. If you have very high nitrates, and you do a huge water change, that can actually stress your fish as well.

It doesn't matter if someone paid you to take the fish, or how much it cost. It is in your care and you should do your best to keep it healthy. If I were you, I would do a little bit of reading on this species and determine what is the best diet for it. Then I would go out and buy me a test kit so I could monitor the water quality and know what is going on in the tank. (The cycling article linked below is worth a read. While your tank is (hopefully) cycled, it will give you an idea of how fish waste is processed.)

Frainbreeze127

AC Members
Aug 20, 2014
I know arrowana can jump really high out of the water and like the muscles from the arowana starts devoloping after ano fin or the pelvic fin (which one I forgot) and the long body for the fish is built for juping out of the water and they live arond the amazons and they mostly preferr bugs and insects

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
i am not sure by what he meant by stop feeding the troll.but i hope im not doing anything bad if it was something i said i did not mean it to be rude i was trying to be helpful.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store