Greetings (newbie here) and need Identification

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ricoishere

AC Members
Dec 9, 2008
photobucket.com
Greetiings to all. I'm new tnds.opefully someone an help. take look frieo the Aquaria Universe. I have a 3 gallon tabletop, 10 gallon planted, and a 28 planted bowfront. Pics to follow soon. I have a fish I need identified, and hopefully someone here can help out. Let's see who is the lucky winner.

Rico

aquariums009.jpg aquariums005.jpg aquariums007.jpg

ricoishere

AC Members
Dec 9, 2008
photobucket.com
You know, my apologies. I should have spell checked, my keyboard on the laptop is weird. Won't happen again.

See, I don't thinks it's a CAE, because I have one in my 10G, and it's brown, not attractive at all. here's a pic of one. This is nothing like the pic I posted. I went to a shop, described it, they seem to think it's some kind of morph Pleco/Goldfish thingamajig. well, I won't rest until this is figured out.
And correct, that's a 3" clown loach. In addition, there are 6 Tiger Barbs, 1- 4" Rainbow Shark, 3 Long Fin Zebra Danios, 2 Julii Cory, and there will be 3 Silver Dollars and possibly 2 Banded leporinus in there. Filtered by a EHEIM 2026 PRO II that I just installed (rated for up to a 169g). Researching for the best lighting for planting, some plants already in there though, a CO2 System, then this tank will be complete.

The 10 Gallon Planted has 2 Dwarf and 2 Neon Blue Gourami's, 1 CAE (which has to go once grown), 3 Cardinal Tetras and 1 HUGE FEMALE African Dwarf Frog named Cleopatra. 3 rams Horn Snails and 1 huge Apple Snail. Filtered by a HOT Penguin 150. Yes, also pretty big for the 10 gallon, esp with the plants. This tank is actually more beautiful than a lot of larger ones because of the plants, substrate and the colorful fish in there. When the frog is doing its dancing, it's even better. movies to follow shortly. This tank will get a few more low plants, a CO2 system, then it'll be done.

The 3 Gallon Desktop: 1 Male Beta ready to breed, 3 ram horns and 1 large apple snail. Also planted.

I'm looking for large Nerite Zebra Snails for all 3 tanks. They are beautiful and the Loach won't be able to eat them. Pic attached. I can't find them in MD, and even though they are not expensive, they cost $45.00 to ship! Oh well.

chinalgaeater_s.jpg Zebra Snail1.jpg

calivivarium1

Finished the fight
May 5, 2008
Fresno, California
I'm 99.9% sure its a CAE, its what they call a "gold chinese algae eater." Post some pics of the tanks! I would suggest not getting the SD's and the banded leporinus.. they get pretty large for a 28g and SD's have been known to snack heavily on plants if I am not mistaken

ricoishere

AC Members
Dec 9, 2008
photobucket.com
Thanks for the hint! Found it, it's a "Gold Suking Catfish"! I never searched under catfish. I'll try to find some info on it. I want to make sure it does'nt start trying to suck the slime off the other fish.
And I'll definitely rethink about the SD and the Lepo's.

catnipgal

Here Fishy Fishy
Jun 26, 2008
Chicago - Windy City, USA
I see a clown loach in the background in the first picture.

I'm guessing the other fish is some type of albino pleco.

DarrylR

AC Members
Sep 17, 2007
Maryland
Chinese Algae Eater and you have a Golden Chinese Algae Eater. Nice another maryland person :). There is a fish club called gwapa.org. They might have what you are looking for and located in MD/VA/DC. I am not a member but some might be and give you more information.

Your clown loach is gunna get big, I seen some around 10 inches long :O.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store