Greetings (newbie here) and need Identification

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Odd mix..and a lot of mismatch for a small 28 gal bowfront...

evelyn80

Guru at procrastinating
Aug 10, 2008
in your house!!
how many clowns do u have in there? clowns get to 12+ inches big and require a 125 g + aquarium. they like to be in groups of 6 or more. u might consider not getting the silver dollars and the other and rehoming some fish. cories like to be in groups of 5 or more and the tigers im sure if u havent noticed yet are attacking the long fin zebra danios fins. heres what i think u should do with the tank but this is me, im not tellin u have to do this(bad arguement yesterday just makin sure it dont happen again)

28 gallon
6 tigers(i love these guys!) OR 6 long fin zebra danios
1 rainbow shark
6 cories
5 zebra loaches(alot like clowns but stay at 4 inches:D)

for the 10 id look at moving 3 of the gouramies and incresing the cardinal school, being a tetra they like to be in groups of 5 or more

3 gallon sounds great but u might consider moving the frog there if u dont move the gouramies

also how did u cycle your tanks?

ricoishere

AC Members
Dec 9, 2008
photobucket.com
Thanks for the tips. The fish mentioned in the 28G were included when I purchased it from a couple who was not taking care of the tank. It had a HOT Filter rated for 30 Gallons, but with all those fish, they were suffering. I'm aware of the disparity in the fish in there. The Barbs do NOT even bother the Danio's and the shark, loach and Albino CAE get along great. Changes are coming.
As far as the 10G, the frog was in the 3G, but was actually terrorizing the Betta! She's almost as big as it. So now ever since I put it in the 10, she's all over, and it (frog) and the Gourami's get along well. The frog moves around while the Gouramis are next to it, they even eat right next to one another. Kind of weird, but cool. The Neon Tetra's were in the 28G when I got it, and were so stressed, they were pale. I moved them into the 10G, and with the foliage, theyr color is intense, and they are good to go. I might put 1-2, but that's it.
I'll leave the Betta as is, it's healthy, and might breed in the future. It's making bubbles all over, reay to mate.
When my large tank arrives, the Loach wil move there.
Thanks fro the tips!

evelyn80

Guru at procrastinating
Aug 10, 2008
in your house!!
your getting a 72? GOOD! im glad to see some1 providing for their fish and not just getting rid of them! i'd suggest getting 2 more clowns though even if they get big they need to be in groups. 3 should work in a 72. sounds good keep us posted!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store