Help! stuff coming out of my anemones mouth

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

KLelle

AC Members
Jul 18, 2010
Toronto, Canada
www.kirstilangen.ca
there's stuff coming out of my anemones mouth, he's always been fine before this is the first time it's been like that the first bit was brownish then followed by white it seems that that is it....now that it's going away from his mouth i don't see anymore but i don't know what it is, is he okay?

_MG_4686small.jpg _MG_4688small.jpg

Last edited:

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
99% chance it is just "pooping". It is very scary to a person the first time they see that happen... and shrink up to almost nothing, but it is completely normal behavior.

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Oh wow, that thing looks REALLY sick, being white. As much as I would like to give a positive reply, I honestly don't see that one making a recovery. Give it LOTS of light and LOTS of food and there may be a chance, but I suspect it may be too far gone. Seeing the Cyano on your rocks behind the anemone also tells me you have some things wrong with your water.. some parameters are off and probably not nearly enough flow if I had to guess.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store