My DIY CO2 went live today.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

DJDrZ

AC Members
Jul 31, 2010
Collegeville, PA
Put together my DIY CO2 system....I wanted it to be scaleable, since I don't want to gas my fish, nor do I want this heavily planted.
The plan is for "Big Poppa" the 3-quart to come on line first. If need be. I will put the other bottles on. All have check valves, so should not be a problem without cultures in them.
Used 2-2/4 up of sugar, 1/2 tsp Fleischman's year, 1 tsp baking soda, and filled Big Poppa.
pH in the tank 7.6 at 1030 when we closed the system off.
1915 and no bubbles out of the bubble counter.
I want to monitor pH as the bubbles start. I am freaked out by the thought of gassing my guys/gals, so I will probably uncap the bubble counter tonight so that if it starts producing over night it won't gas the tank.
The tank ain't actually green, it's just a bad picture, I swear.

IMG_2786.JPG IMG_2788.JPG IMG_2789.JPG IMG_2790.JPG IMG_2792.JPG IMG_2793.JPG IMG_2794.JPG IMG_2802.JPG

dundadundun

;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!
Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
give it some time.

SiNiStEr

AC Members
Jan 11, 2010
check the line that goes from the counter up to the tank, to make sure nothing is pinching the line close. if there's not then in a few days still not getting anything thru the stone I would shake one of the bottles back and forth for 1 or 2 sec, you will see a rush in the counter from that bottle but pay attention to the stone and see if any CO2 is coming from it.

I tried the stone after i had found the pinch in the main line and never see anything. then I pull the stone off the line and got it feeding the CO2 in the intake of my HOB PF now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store