Calcium Supplement .....

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jhj

William Fontaine DeLaTeur Dauterive
Oct 30, 2005
Columbus, OH
It seems my plants are showing signs of Calcium deficency. I wanted to find out what would you guys suggest as a calcium supplement. Since I have already received all my items from Gregg, ordering from his site (because of the shipping expense) would make no sense. My gH is around 10.

EcoPit

AC Members
Nov 30, 2005
Lake County, IL
What is your KH? I have some crushed coral in my filter to raise my KH, and I am hoping that I am getting all the calcium I need from that. If your KH is low that would be my suggestion.

jhj

Oct 30, 2005
Columbus, OH
reiverix said:
Get some Driveway Heat de-icer from Lowes. It's calcium chloride.
Any dosage recommendations? You probably have the same water as I do. Thanks

jhj

Oct 30, 2005
Columbus, OH
reiverix said:
I'm quite liberal on the calcium. About 4tbs during a 50% water change on my 75g. I've tried dosing less but results were not good.

since I have you one this subject, what about Epsom Salt? How much do you dose Epsom Salt?

Thanks

Captain Hook

Looking for ideas
Aug 21, 2003
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Wow, that's alot of Mg and Ca to be adding to a 75 gallon. Do you really mean tablespoons? Seems high.

If your water has a GH of 10, there's probably a good amount of Calcium and Magnesium in it already.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store