Informal picture thingie..loach love

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Malefic23

AC Members
Nov 7, 2006
Charlotte NC
After that thread a while back on loach love, I realized how few good pictures I have of my clown loaches. Particularly in a loach pile, with other species or without. For the past however many days, I've been attempting to capture the loach love ins on digital film with little or no sucess. I propose to pack this thread with photos of loachpiles. Break your cameras out folks. Search the forum, search the web. Any loachpile, from any source, let's see what we can find.

Malefic23

AC Members
Nov 7, 2006
Charlotte NC
I found one from a while back, I'm still trying to generate new loach shots

Note the dark loach? He's a different subspecies...

cohazard

AC Members
Apr 6, 2004
Visit site
Malefic23 said:
I found one from a while back, I'm still trying to generate new loach shots

Note the dark loach? He's a different subspecies...
Not a different subspecies, but possibly from a different region. According to the loaches.com article about clown coloration, there are loaches from two main regions: Borneo or Sumatra. The loaches from Sumatra have the more intense red coloring.

HTH

cweg71

Learn to swim....
Jun 28, 2006
Virginia
My clowns don't really pile together any more. They use to pile when small now they split into 2's and 3's. I have a lot of crevices and a large complex of wood rock and artificial pots. I call it the loach motel. They lounge all over the place in there.

loachpile1.jpg loachpile2.jpg

is300zx

AC Members
Jan 1, 2006
Rallysman said:
That tube is WAY overstocked. You need at least a 100 gallon tube for them to be comfy
lol but i can only afford a small tube :sad: .

cweg71 said:
My clowns don't really pile together any more. They use to pile when small now they split into 2's and 3's. I have a lot of crevices and a large complex of wood rock and artificial pots. I call it the loach motel. They lounge all over the place in there.
That's a beautiful tank and awesome loaches.

Last edited:

wataugachicken

The Dancing Banana
Jul 14, 2005
Charlotte, NC
That tube is WAY overstocked. You need at least a 100 gallon tube for them to be comfy
oh, great, i couldn't breathe after reading that one. thanks.

maybe send it to noclownsinatube.org?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store