1,000,000 Posts

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Blueiz

THE TypoQUEEN
Sep 5, 2005
NC
Time to get serious folks! Lets find a thread and offer your constructive opinion! Thanks!

MFK 926,368 AC 899,432

The thread here is to promote the contest, not for making non sense posts. Lets all get out there and make some informative, interesting posts/threads.

Thanks.

Jmerk

Fish geek
Apr 17, 2007
Cache Valley, Ut
Well, IMO, I think that is a Hapilochromis but it could very well be a Pseudotropheus too..........

Wait, this is the wrong thread...................... or is it???

Maybe I should just say that we should get to the millionth post faster. I guess every post counts.

I wish all these gaps counted too.

I suppose I could just put them in new posts.

Ah well.

I'm bored now.

I think I'll press post.

Right after these messages......

"Have you ever been in this sittuation?: You are trapped in a closet without a poncho.... You search everywhere and you can find nothing to keep you dry...... Well, I'm here too tell you that your troubles are OVER!
Introducing the Ponchomatic!!! It's gerunteed to keep you dry in ANY closet in the world. Use it at home. use it in the office, even use it in the porto-potty closet.

Anyway folks. Go TEAM AQUARIA CENTRAL!!!

That is all.

steve p

AC Members
Mar 6, 2007
We need to stop this bildge and talk about something. Just wondered what are peoples veiws on feeder fish, is it cruel to to put a fish into a tank where it can not escape and its only fate is death?

Steve.

UCF-Planted

AC Members
Apr 20, 2007
Orlando, FL
eh... Is it cruel to keep cow in a pen, or even a field, where it can not escape and it's only fate is to be made into hamburgers? I think feeder fish are no more cruel than feeder worms. I'll be breeding fancy guppies as feeders very shortly myself.

steve p

AC Members
Mar 6, 2007
eh... Is it cruel to keep cow in a pen, or even a field, where it can not escape and it's only fate is to be made into hamburgers? I think feeder fish are no more cruel than feeder worms. I'll be breeding fancy guppies as feeders very shortly myself.
I see your point i guess i just dont like to watch any fish suffer, when i feed worms to my fish they dont run around the tank like feeders do. Then there's the one that cowers in the top corner of the tank hoping not to be noticed then wack its gone.

steve

UCF-Planted

AC Members
Apr 20, 2007
Orlando, FL
I see your point i guess i just dont like to watch any fish suffer, when i feed worms to my fish they dont run around the tank like feeders do. Then there's the one that cowers in the top corner of the tank hoping not to be noticed then wack its gone.

steve
Well watching any death is not for the squeamish. My feeder guppies will be fed while still basically fry, so I don't expect them to run away too fast. Some of the things I've seen on YouTube (a large cichlid being fed to a school of piranha, for example) make me cringe, partially because of the feeding frenzy situation that results in the slow painful death of a large fish being eaten by a group of fish of a similiar size. Small fish being eaten by larger ones in 1 or 2 bites doesn't seem cruel to me, but fish "cage fights" are pretty bad.

MbunaFishKeeper

keeper of all wonderful cichlids
May 28, 2007
England

steve
hey dad, i still think we should get one oscar to sort out our breeding problem, dont you think with the cubans and convicts the tank will be flooding with fry soon. also as the convicts are doing such a good job of keeping them from the salvini adding the oscar will help reduce the amount of fry :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store