1.5 gallon journal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FishesRWishes

AC Members
Nov 29, 2010
My LFS was having a black friday sale, and I convinced the boyfriend that he should take me and let me pick out my Xmas present. I had originally intended on getting a 37g with stand, but they were sold out when we got there. So... change of plans! I picked up a Tetra 1.5g Desktop aquarium. I have a couple of 20gs and a 10g up and running, but this will be my smallest aquarium yet! Very excited for this new challenge. Hoping to do some fairly heavy low-light scaping.

Currently in there is:
4 small Anubias Nana, some of which will likely go into a different tank eventually
Black gravel
1 betta

The plan is to get a small piece of driftwood, do a moss wall along the back and get one or two shrimp/snails to go along with the betta, but we'll see how it goes.

I'm very excited for this little tank! I was planning on having it in my office, but I like it so much I might want to keep it right next to the bed!

Here's a terrible picture.

[

FishFanMan

AC Members
Jun 13, 2013
Naperville, IL
Some bettas in a small tank don't like company. Mine in my 5 gallon will attack everything. Probably will eat a shrimp too.

FishesRWishes

AC Members
Nov 29, 2010
Some bettas in a small tank don't like company. Mine in my 5 gallon will attack everything. Probably will eat a shrimp too.
Yes, that's always a possibility! The bettas from this store all usually come from the same breeder, and they tend to be quite calm. However, if Mr. Fishy dislikes company, the shrimps or snails can always be relocated.

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
Here's my story, involving my betta and shrimp: Louie in my 5g would attack anything. Louie in the 10g would attack anything. Louie in the 40b has no idea what to do with himself lol.

Hr0th9ar

AC Members
Sep 8, 2012
Winton, CA
I had 2 male bettas in a 10g with some mollies and a rainbow shark. They all got along famously. It all depends on the individual personality(s) of the fishes in question.

Sent from my SGS4 Active

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store