1 and 2 gallon betta bowl journals!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mozart

AC Members
Mar 29, 2007
Delawhere?
Would a house get that cold????
My house runs a drafty 66-72 F(depending on how close to a heat vent you are). A betta likes 78F or so.

Lexi_D

is *Magic*
Nov 25, 2007
PA
watershedrussiantortoise.blogspot.com
Good start, Lexi.:thumbsup:
Thanks, Lup!

What will you be using for heat?
Well... I can't really heat the bowl, it doesn't get that cold in our house in winter. My other betta is fine with out heating. He's now about 2 years old.

any ideas for a filter?
My other betta, Fred, is fine without a filter. We take apart his bowl and put him in a vase (while we clean it); rinse the rocks and plants and fill w/ fresh water about every other week or sometimes more.

You dont need a heater... most people will say too small for a betta but it will work, maybe put in a marimo ball. as for a filter ummmm???? do you really need one?
Where could I get a marimo ball? I never see them in petsmart but I haven't checked petco. (Those are the only fish stores around here)

I've seen tiny heaters in the big chain pet stores.
really? I haven't checked... which stores/heaters do you mean?

Would a house get that cold????
Not really, are house is not that cold at night.

bluekrissyspike

bwa-hahahahaha!!!!!
Mar 24, 2007
i saw a stick on filter at walmart...think i saw one at zellers..not sure if the states have those stores or not, but there are lots of them here... my betta lived in his bowl for quite a while with out filtration and stuff... but he is much happier in his 10g and appreciates the filtration. i don't find i need a heater for his tank, but he has one now anyways, our house is well insulated though and our heating bill is like $250/month...lol...canadian winters are awesome... actually we have almost no snow right now and i can't beleive it's raining in january....

bluekrissyspike

bwa-hahahahaha!!!!!
Mar 24, 2007
that would be a good idea, to help him stay healthy

Lexi_D

is *Magic*
Nov 25, 2007
PA
watershedrussiantortoise.blogspot.com
No pics now, but- the bowl is currently holding Fred's bamboo plant... I hope to get started on it soon, I'm getting petsmart/petco gift cards for my b'day and we'll see what happens ;) (my birthday is in a week and 2 days!)

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Wish you luck. Heat, filtration and space is something most folks ignore with bettas.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store