1 HR from now...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bs6749

AC Members
Aug 24, 2008
Stop putting salt into the tank. Remove all of the discus to a couple of clean 5g buckets with tank water. Do a 100% water change on the tank. Put the discus back into the tank by netting them out of the buckets of taking them out with your hand. Make sure to have a net under your hand in case they want to wiggle away.

Treat the tank with PraziPro according to the recommend dosage on the bottle. This will take care of parasites. A dewormer such as levamisole can also be used. You may also want to treat with metronidazole for intestinal flagellates. Make sure the tank is at 92 degrees for 10 days. Add Metro at a concentration of 400-500mg per 10g 1-3 times per day. Change 50% of the water each day before dosing. This is going to be the best shotgun cure for your discus. Also add extra air to the tank since warm water holds less O2.

shawnhu

AC Members
Oct 31, 2008
New York City
Stop putting salt into the tank. Remove all of the discus to a couple of clean 5g buckets with tank water. Do a 100% water change on the tank. Put the discus back into the tank by netting them out of the buckets of taking them out with your hand. Make sure to have a net under your hand in case they want to wiggle away.

Treat the tank with PraziPro according to the recommend dosage on the bottle. This will take care of parasites. A dewormer such as levamisole can also be used. You may also want to treat with metronidazole for intestinal flagellates. Make sure the tank is at 92 degrees for 10 days. Add Metro at a concentration of 400-500mg per 10g 1-3 times per day. Change 50% of the water each day before dosing. This is going to be the best shotgun cure for your discus. Also add extra air to the tank since warm water holds less O2.
Appreciate the info, but I'm not using salt at the moment.

I'm not really one for shotgunning meds, that's why I purchased a microscope. I do have all the meds that you have mentioned on hand, and ready if I find it necessary.

I don't think Parzi is much of an anti-parasite, but they are very effective on flukes.

I may start a treatment of Metro, as I've been seeing more and more yellow poop lately.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store