10 gal nano setup - feedback appreciated.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Penguin88

AC Members
Nov 29, 2011
Hello, I kept a 65 gallon reef tank for a while as a teenager and posted here under the username Liz. I'm getting back into saltwater/reef and need to brush up a bit. Just wanted to post my 10 gallon setup I am currently cycling. I plan on having a clown/anemone pair, not necessarily looking to keep corals. I have a shallow sand bed and just 2 pieces of dry base rock, I am having to do this on a budget so I will probably buy a few more pieces of base rock and try to get my hands on a little bit of live rock rubble to seed my tank with coraline algae etc. I have an aquaclear 20 hob filter, and odyssea 20" 4x t5 light, i believe output is 72w? 76? It has 2 actinic bulbs and 2 10,000k. I currently have a clark's clown in there and she is doing well, I went in for a percula or ocellaris but all they had was clark's and I stupidly listened to the lfs employee rather than research first ( I know better I just wasn't thinking). I plan on swapping the clark's for a percula or ocellaris when I can, and would like to purchase a bubble tip or long tentacled anemone once the tank is a little more established.

All i have to dose with is seachem reef plus and reef fusion 2, tried to order reef fusion 1 but somehow screwed up the order and instead received 2x reef fusion 2, going to order some reef fusion 1 soon. Reading about supplements a little bit, I believe that between reef plus and reef fusion 1 and 2 the alkalinity and calcium will be adequate, and between the three my tank should receive adequate other nutrients like iodine, magnesium etc.

My questions, are the 3 supplements i am going to be dosing with efficient? Is there anything i am missing? Also the current is very low in my tank, what are some affordable powerhead options for nano tanks? And lastly, what anemone would you recommend? All the ones that hosts clowns seem to get pretty big... how quickly do they grow? If I bought a smaller one, would it be a while before I'd have to swap it out? And will my setup be sufficient for an anemone?

Penguin88

AC Members
Nov 29, 2011
Also, about the supplements: the two I have are reef plus and reef fusion 2. Reef plus contains vitamin c, a range of vitamin b, inositol, arginine, gultamate, lysine, tyrosine, boron, iodine, iron, copper (0.001 mg), zinc, maganese, bromide, molybdenum, vanadium, nickel, tin, and rubidium.

Reef fusion 2 just contains bicarbonates and carbonates.

Reef fusion 1 has ionic calcium, magnesium, strontium, boron, iron, maganese, molybdenum.

Do i need reef fusion 1 or can I use another calcium supplement? I cant find it in stores. What readily available calcium supplements have magnesium and strontium? The other ingredients in fusion 1 are in the reef plus i have.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
I will just reiterate from your other thread. Don't add any of that to your tank and research anemones before you go out and buy one.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store