10 gal.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

sr20de200

AC Members
Aug 11, 2005
Also some of your other corals that require the metal halides may not be suitable for a 10 gallon because its hard to get the lighting in there that they need. The lfs near me has one of those 8 gallon nano cubes ready to set up tanks, and he has a blue max clam in there. So far its been doing pretty good, and he's had it in there for about a month now. So he's still a little skeptical about how its going to end up.
But like fishcatch said it depends on what type of tank set up you go with and what kind of corals you want. From what I have seen most c.f. lighting set ups have been an aediquate amount of light for most corals. A lot of people now and days say watts per gallon is not a really good rule to go buy these days because of the technology out for lighting. But lets say that you go with a 96w set up like I plan on doing. and you divide that by 10 you get 9.6 watts per gallon which I think is a really high watts per gallon ratio. Expecially how a 10 gallon is only 12" high and once you have your substrate in there it then reduces the amount of gallons of water you have in there.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store