10 gallon Budget Betta Tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

huapala

AC Members
Jul 25, 2013
Ke Aupuni Hawaii, Hawaiian Kingdom
Real Name
Huapala
Nice tank, Beautiful fish, Awesome name. post photos again when the tank grows out.
Thank you hrdwodflor. I will post more updates when it grows out I panted a lot of clippings from my 20gallon long in here and they have done fairly well. I am hoping that the glossostigma starts filling in more.

I was wondering what the PVC pipe is for?
The PVC pipe is just a small filtering unit I made. Directions are on the first page. It is a very effective filter for a betta tank because it creates almost no water movement and is a combination of biological, chemical and mechanical filter media.
filter.jpg

filter.jpg

Sean W.

AC Members
Aug 8, 2013
very cool! Thats obviously something you built yourself? Why didnt you use black pvc?

looking forward to an update down the line!

huapala

AC Members
Jul 25, 2013
Real Name
Huapala
very cool! Thats obviously something you built yourself? Why didnt you use black pvc?

looking forward to an update down the line!
Thank you Sean. Yes i designed and built it after watching a bunch of youtube videos on DIY sponge filters lol. Over here in Hawaii we pay more for everything because it comes from the U.S. Black PVC pipe is not in all of the hardware stores and when it is it is always double the price of the white (I think because it has higher heat tolerance). I agree, it should be black and I thought about spray painting it, but I did not know what sprays were safe off the top of my head and I was way to impatient to wait and research what was doable. My plan is that I will paint it next time I clean it. Do you happen to know any safe paints to use?

Sean W.

AC Members
Aug 8, 2013
you live in Hawaii... thats so cool. I live in SoCal... ill trade you, haha! I went to the big island when i was like 9, id really like to go again some day!

I see, i hadnt thought about the cost of the PVC over there. Krylon Fushion paint is widely accepted as a aquarium safe paint.

huapala

AC Members
Jul 25, 2013
Real Name
Huapala
you live in Hawaii... thats so cool. I live in SoCal... ill trade you, haha! I went to the big island when i was like 9, id really like to go again some day!

I see, i hadnt thought about the cost of the PVC over there. Krylon Fushion paint is widely accepted as a aquarium safe paint.
Thank you for the info I am going to buy some tomorrow. I once lived in Central California in Salinas and in Santa Cruz. California is a beautiful place but Hawaii is my home. These islands are very special place and have the ability to please many people, I am very lucky to be here. But yes prices do suck.

fraviz

Registered Member
Sep 15, 2013
Nice tank.... I like how you mesh together... and saving money not bad at all...:thm:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store