10 Gallon Mixed Reef

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

luckydud13

Did you hear that?
Jun 20, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Great Tank, keep it up!

egkid

AC Members
Jul 28, 2007
This tank is frusturating, every sps browns out and there's some kind of bacteria or algae that doesn't seem to want to go away. I have zero nitrates and phosphates (on my api test kit and my LFS's elos kits), for now I do 5 gallon water changes every week.
As for the corals they just don't keep color my calcium is at 500 and alkalinity is at 12dkh (with api test kit). I had the light about 8 inches above the water but recently raised it to about 12". The only thing I and one of the LFS employees can think of is that there is not enough nutrients in the water, I have only the royal gramma in there now (the firefish jumped even with eggcrate over the tank) and I feed every 2 days. He suggested I start adding an amino acid by zeo to the tank. So I started that yesterday.

Now onto the MP10 that was a complete impulse buy, I had plans to get one on my birthday, but when I went another LFS for an emerald crab(to help with the macro algae) to my amazement I saw they one in stock so one credit card swipe later here I am, and I still forgot the emerald crab.

So now you guys are up to date on this tank any help/advice/comments?

egkid

AC Members
Jul 28, 2007
I forgot to add a FTS to that post. This was taken today.

It looks much better without so many powerheads, I took out the K3 and the MJ1200 but left the MJ900 in there because it's buried in the rock work. Tomorrow I'm changing the dirty MJ1200 for the skimmer to clean one in hopes to make the tank more clean and presentable.

egkid

AC Members
Jul 28, 2007
New additions from yesterday

It was one big frag but I broke off half and put it in my 29 gallon tank

These were both taken with an underwater point and shoot the fujifilm z33wp

egkid

AC Members
Jul 28, 2007
The birdsnest got RTN, good thing I put the other half in the 29 gallon. I forgot to mention I added an emerald crab and purple firefish on wednesday aswell.

The purple bonsai seems to be getting some color back since I started dosing amino acids and feeding more everything else looks the same though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store