10 Gallon Paludarium A Tribute

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SteelScale

AC Members
Jan 12, 2010
o ok thats a lot easier than I thought. I've started a similar project, but not quite as complicated with the land part. I will definitely use the info in this thread and probably pester you for information too :)

sea-community

Love-to put more Life, into my life
Jul 7, 2009
Redway, California
Would that snapping turtle stay in there for life, of will it out grow that tank, because as well as a few people i have been wanting to do the same with some type of bottom feeder/ newt or frog. but if the trutle would work that would be awesome.

snapping247

AC Members
May 12, 2008
that snapper will get upwards of 50-60 pounds lol. so im sure (i hope!) that tank is temperary. when there full grown you will need a big outdoor pond with a HUGE filtration system(snappers are messy!)

kingearwig

Master Pond Snail Breeder
Jul 17, 2008
Indiana
s159.photobucket.com
my friend's pond is way over filtered... we expect that he will escape from the pond anyway but when he out grows the tank he is going into the pond. He is a local so if he escapes he'll be fine. I keep calling it a he how would one go about sexing a snapper?
@sea-community
I can't think of a species of turtle that could live in a 10 for life.

@SteelScale
Pester away buddy!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store