10 Gallon Shrimp Tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kenjivaj

AC Members
Mar 1, 2012
Fresno, CA
Real Name
xue
I forgot to mention the eco or black sand will be a cap to my dirt.
I am is still a shrimp rookie (started in April with 24 RCS and now over 200). I have never put dirt under my substrate. I just seen people doing it. I know it's good for plants but don't really know about shrimps. Good luck to you.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

JoeeStacks

AC Members
Apr 3, 2012
Pacifica, CA
Real Name
Joey Nguyen
I got a hook up on a summer job and started on Wednesday. I never knew how hard working was. But I haven't had time to go fish shopping yet so hopefully tomorrow I'll go on a big spending spree for everything and new tanks. Looking at maybe 2 20L for Red Cherry and OEBTs. Or just 1 20L for OEBT.

Nepherael

AC Members
May 11, 2012
Warsaw, IN
Real Name
Brandon
I didn't think this through. What if I left the bio bags in the tank. The cycled filter and added the internal filter. Let the internal get some BB for a week and replace the sand?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
That would help. It may increase cycling time though but definitely not as of it was a full replacement

JoeeStacks

AC Members
Apr 3, 2012
Pacifica, CA
Real Name
Joey Nguyen
I bought an Aqueon QuietFlow 10 for the shrimp tank and also a 20L. Gotta tell you I almost bought a 40B there too. It was such an eye candy. But if it weren't for the cash I had on hand I would have swooped on it... and space. I like the filter so far but it doesn't seem to help a lot with the surface film.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store