100 gallon stocking planted

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SmokedNeptune

AC Members
Nov 21, 2015
I'd like lots of color and activity for a 100g planted tank I like rainbowfish and guppies I want to kinda avoid dwarf cichlids as I have a rainbowfish and ram planted tank already and I'd like a little diversity I want to do gravel so no corys any suggestions?

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Rainbows would be a great idea. Or maybe a Barb tank.
EX: 12 Desmopuntius pentazona, 10 Puntius fasciatus (Panda Barb), 12 Desmopuntius rhomboocellatus (Snakeskin Barb), and maybe 6 Pearl Gouramis (only one male). and a school of Botia Loaches for the bottom.

PS--What is wrong with corys and gravel?. I have corys with gravel.

SmokedNeptune

AC Members
Nov 21, 2015
Rainbows would be a great idea. Or maybe a Barb tank.
EX: 12 Desmopuntius pentazona, 10 Puntius fasciatus (Panda Barb), 12 Desmopuntius rhomboocellatus (Snakeskin Barb), and maybe 6 Pearl Gouramis (only one male). and a school of Botia Loaches for the bottom.

PS--What is wrong with corys and gravel?. I have corys with gravel.
I've always heard it'll break the little things on their faces
Also I'm not a big fan of gouramis and isn't that just too many fish that would spend all their time in the top and middle? I like a bit of spacing with stuff in all levels of the tank. Also I'm not sure on the loach since I have fairly hard water

tanker

Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Oh. IMO, ordinary gravel is OK for corys, just not the sharp ones. How about the Barbs idea, and maybe a pair of medium Cichlids? There are lots of "Plant-Safe" medium size cichlids around.

SmokedNeptune

AC Members
Nov 21, 2015
Oh. IMO, ordinary gravel is OK for corys, just not the sharp ones. How about the Barbs idea, and maybe a pair of medium Cichlids? There are lots of "Plant-Safe" medium size cichlids around.
What are your ideas on cichlids for it? And I'm not sure about barbs as my LFS never seems to have any and it's a huge pain to order fish online

tanker

Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Blue Arcara, Curviceps, Firemouths, Keyhole, Rainbow, Macaw ( Hypsophrys nicaraguensis), Gymnogeophagus gymnogenys, or some from Lake Victoria are all good examples.

Duckie

AC Members
Mar 14, 2015
What are your ideas on cichlids for it? And I'm not sure about barbs as my LFS never seems to have any and it's a huge pain to order fish online
Did you ask at your LFS if they can order some for you? Many LFS will let you do that. Shipping cost the LFS usually pays, but you will have to wait until they get a big order for the store so they can add your fish to it.

SmokedNeptune

AC Members
Nov 21, 2015
Did you ask at your LFS if they can order some for you? Many LFS will let you do that. Shipping cost the LFS usually pays, but you will have to wait until they get a big order for the store so they can add your fish to it.
Never asked but it's a larger chain store so I don't think they would there's no actual fish stores anywhere near me I'm pretty much stuck with larger pet stores

Duckie

AC Members
Mar 14, 2015
Never asked but it's a larger chain store so I don't think they would there's no actual fish stores anywhere near me I'm pretty much stuck with larger pet stores
Not sure about that then, but doesn't hurt to ask. When I hear LFS, I usually don't associate chain store to it, but LocalFishStore. Local as in locally owned.

SmokedNeptune

AC Members
Nov 21, 2015
Not sure about that then, but doesn't hurt to ask. When I hear LFS, I usually don't associate chain store to it, but LocalFishStore. Local as in locally owned.
Yeah sorry it's just the closest I have to one it's pretty small I do know that they'll order specific birds for you but they're mostly bird focused so I don't know about fish

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store